** This Ad is Marked as OFF by seller and cannot be responded to. **
Hesitantly selling my pair of the late Paul G's Tube Audio Design 1000 Monoblocks. I am the original owner and have taken very good care of these amps. There are no major cosmetic defects.A couple of the decals have faded, but most are fully intact. Only selling because I'm moving up to amp costing considerably more (and still not sure I'm doing the right thing!)
Here are the specs:
100-watts RMS into 8-Ohms, volume levels exceed 250w solid state amps
Super wide band: Plays flat 10Hz-25kHz,-3db@70kHz
Huge Z-11 steel (best grade) output transformers reproduce sharp fast square waves
Hand point to point wired
Exclusive Invisa-Cap Mylar coupling caps for perfect sound
Huge choke regulated power supply
Heavy black metal face, blue light, brushed silver chassis
Dimensions: 20” deep, 11.5” wide, 7.5” high
Weight: 45 pounds each
Pure Austenitic (non-magnetic grade) Stainless steel chassis
RCA input with level control
100k input impedance
Input sensitivity: Standard 2V audio input for full power
4 & 8-Ohm speaker gold binding posts
Variable feedback stepped attenuator Focus control
Triode/UL mode output stage selector switches
Note, I'm selling these for a price a bit higher than you might have seen elsewhere because the the price listed includes an extra $650 worth of output tubes and other items, including:.
1. Custom made acrylic dust covers for the tube portion (see pictures).
2. Full set of stock tubes, including the EH EL34's
3. An:almost new (maybe 30 hours) quartet of JJ Electronics 6V6 S Tubes
3. Full octet of EH KT88s with perhaps 100 hours on them
4. Full octet of Gold Lion KT77's, BRAND NEW - NEVER USED. (I just bought these a week ago and then decided to pull the trigger on new amps on the spur of the moment - silly me.)
5. Original voltage meter provided by Paul to bias tubes
The amps sound great with both the EL34s and the KT88s, but they react well to tube rolling and I think the KT77's will be a wonderful tube for these amps. .
Reasonable offers considered, including price changes if you don't want all the output tubes (but they really are a lot of fun and I'd prefer to sell it as a package).