US Audio MartUS Audio Mart
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of USAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post subject: Negative Feedback Rules
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:37 pm 
Site Admin

I am reposting the rules from CAM:

Read these rules before posting Negative Feedback, or you will risk having your feedback deleted:

* Do NOT list real names and emails in feedback, list only the CAM username.
    * Feedback ONLY applies to transactions where something has changed hands, be it money, straight item trade, or whatever. Do NOT post feedback on deals that never went through!!!
    * Negative Feedback must be written concisely, but with detail to back up your claim.
    * Negative Feedback is serious. Do not write Negative Feedback unless the person really deserves it
    * Do NOT use strong language, cussing, or offensive language.
    * Write your feedback in as constructive manner as possible. Do not use insults.
    * Any posts which contain even the hint of violence (even jokingly) or threats of any nature will be deleted by moderators. This includes jokes about visiting people's homes in response to fraud.

We reserve the right to shutdown feedback that we feel break the rules and/or are not presented accurately.

As a courtesy for ALL users, if you wish to reply to a negative feedback please refrain from any judgemental, sarcastic, or hurtful responses.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:54 pm 

http://www.usaudiomart.com/forum/viewto ... f=2&t=1076

I would appreciate your removing this post as it violates at least the first two of your feedback rules.

The poster didn't bother to share all the vile and disgusting things he wrote to me about which violate the majority of the rest of the rules as well, thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:38 pm 

It's really too bad that now nobody will know what's in store when they contact this seller.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:30 pm 

The fact is that a deal did not happen in this case. Therefore no feedback record can be left.

It does sometimes happen that a completed transaction is brought to CAM moderators' attention for help in finding a satisfactory outcome. In such a case, CAM has to know all the details. That includes all correspondence. The point is to make sure that both sides of the story are told completely.

The CAM/USAM Forums are no place for such arbitration. Incomplete stories get told, members jump in with their two cents, snap judgments are made and public lynchings can happen. The facts get obscured and lost.

ddoran45 wrote:
It's really too bad that now nobody will know what's in store when they contact this seller.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:52 pm 

Thanks USAM Admin and Moderators for addressing this situation and removing the inappropriate posting. Very much appreciated.

ddoran45 - based on your comments, you continue to take into account only the OP's limited scope of the story, despite my posting to the contrary and advice of the site admin. I encourage you to contact me for nothing but a pleasant audio experience, thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:43 pm 

I can understand why feedback needs to be limited to deals and not dealings,
but anytime an Adult sends another Adult a note like the one evidenced here and deleted,
the sender deserves sanctioning.
BTW,
making excuses for that kind of response is far worse than the response itself since
the standard rule for Owning What You've Done applies here.
Is the next respondent to your ads in for the same vitriol?
Or just if they push the same buttons.
And in this case,
there is no snap judgement to be made because the transaction is not in question by anyone,
only the published response which has no justification under anyone's judgement.
Ever.
Then there's the Purity of the Forums Announcement
which is now to limited to only those Two Cents that can be verified
and don't possibly shed a sour light on anyone for any reason,
even if they deserve it - factually!