US Audio MartUS Audio Mart
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:39 am 

I just joined recently, but the site seems to have a major problem. I have emailed to five different members to let them know I am interested in their products for sale, but none of them responded. So I reported them to the site, they never responded either. How to buy things if no one ever response to anything on this site? I do see one of the members lowered the price, so it means they are in town and unaware that I am interested to buy their products. So can anyone help by directing my concern to the site master or anyone who is in charge of running this site? Otherwise, all of you who have posted things for sale will never get any inquiry from potential buyers.

Dave

Solar380 :( :(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:02 am 

When you are replying to the listings, are you getting a email sent to your email address that you have used to set up / register on this site?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:49 am 

I would confirm that your e-mail is not blocking responses from USAM first: http://www.usaudiomart.com/faq.php#email

Hotmail is notoriously bad at marking legitimate e-mails as Spam. Check your junk folder to be sure that any replies to your inquiries have not been redirected there.

Users who reply to your inquiry will send a reply to your e-mail with a subject line containing Re: Response to your ad FOR SALE: with the product name following as described in the ad. If you accidentally marked one of these e-mails as Spam, Hotmail will mark all future e-mails the same way.

We have sent an e-mail to both sellers you alerted us to. If they respond to us, we'll let you know.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:11 am 

You can just put your email in the ad. So if a person who would like to respond gets confused, that person might be more likely to just use what you have listed, rather than click on something. I have tested my ads by using a different email I have, clicking on the link provided by the site, they have all came through.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:36 am 

Yes, every email that I have sent so far, I got the email copies back to my email inbox. But no reply from anyone so far.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:46 am 

I have checked the junk email file frequently and do not see any responses from any of the members that I sent emails to. So far this is still a puzzle to solve. :?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:51 am 

solar380 wrote:
I have checked the junk email file frequently and do not see any responses from any of the members that I sent emails to. So far this is still a puzzle to solve. :?

With regards to the content of your emails to those 5 USAM members: are you just letting them know that you're interested in the items that they have for sale or are you making offers on said items?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:07 pm 

“So far this is still a puzzle to solve.”

I agree that indeed this is “. . . still a puzzle . . . .” Why sellers would choose not to respond to inquiries is perplexing. After all, they wrote and posted the ad to sell their electronics on the internet.

However, that this is “. . . a puzzle to solve” is debatable. I don’t know how much energy I would exert on solving the puzzle. If sellers are ill-communicative, perhaps you should consider it your first hint that you should not be doing business with said seller.

It is peculiar that five in a row would ignore you, but not inconceivable. If you are super interested, maybe send a follow up second (or even a third) inquiry, and if still ignored—move on. If they don’t like the repeated inquiries, then they should be more engaged in their posting. Besides, maybe you are not being purposely ignored, but somehow your message was inadvertently overlooked.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:03 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

I can relate as a seller and responding to potential sales multiple times. Most of the time my emails do not get returned. I have spent several days going back and forth with USaudiomart with no success. They told me over a year ago they had problems, and attempted to work with me but my last several replies to them went without a response. I put my phone # on most of my ads now, and hope people will call. It's very frustrating especially since I pay for selling as a dealer. I always respond no matter what, but would guess that only 25-50% get back to the buyer.