US Audio MartUS Audio Mart
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:33 pm 

Audiomirror wrote:
I was really exited when I posted an ad here on USAM. To my surprise my very first experience with USAM was very bad. I got a pending status on my ad because I posted a stock pictures of the product. Than I had terrible and frustrating email exchange with the moderators. Finally I've been offered if I don't like it, to cancel my membership and go back to Agon.
How nice of you USAM??!!! I'll let you readers judge...
So I am not surprised very little sales are happening here.
For your reference check my other post which is a negative feedback for USAM!!!
I hope they didn't remove it.
It is posted on Negative feedback forum and it is called "USAM discriminates sellers".
I hope this link works:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1260

Here is the thing: currently, all audio sites stink. All are VERY disfunctional in regard to their main purpose. Take for example search, a basic thing. Utterly disfunctional. To pay ANY price whatsoever for such service? No way. But make it FUNCTIONAL, and then we talk. ALL of these sites still smell 90s, can you imagine? Ridiculous. It is 2017 and they function at the level of 1998?!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:09 pm 

I have bought and sold with success, about 90% of my gear is of CAM members origin, and when I lost my job in Toronto and came to the USA I sold most of it in CAM, really fast actually, I think because the equipment was on demand and the price was right, something I don't see here in USAM.

I find that many adds here are old gear models, many brand names of no respected quality, many...and I mean many adds with exorbitant prices, I don't care if is a big audio name, you can asked whatever price you want, is your equipment, but if you are asking $1300 for a JM Labs Focal 716 that is at least 5 Years old, don't expect to make a sell, at least not a fast sell, I sold my 726 for $400 a Month ago. I find in many cases people want to sell almost for as much as they paid for the gear, sorry but we know the price, I know we take a lost but that is just how it is, I bought the gear, I enjoyed for some years and now I want to try something different, like a used car this is not an investment so the value is rapidly lost, and also I bought gear lost my job and had to sell it fast, like my incredible ELAC's Anniversary Edition floor standing speakers, I will never come across those again.

So common sense when placing your add, use real pictures of your equipment, be transparent when it comes to use and condition, and we'll buy if the price is right.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:16 pm 

I sold a pair of speakers here today. Listed last night, sold today. Right product at right price is all it takes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:53 pm 

AK - Audiokarma. BTW, just made my 2nd purchase here, was hassle-free.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:49 am 

I just bought a Bedini from Bobby Wilson. I'm new here and this is my first purchase.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:08 am 

I don't use eBay because of it's 10% policy...too high.

I have a number of items for sale on US Audiomart. The items I have listed are all pretty high-end. I guess my biggest complaint is the amount of low-ballers. Most of them are Asian. When I tell them I won't accept foreign paypal, but require wire transfer instead, I never hear from them again. It's always a vetting process.

I had a long talk with paypal last week. As with most credit card companies, they protect the buyer. I asked them: what protection do the sellers have? This has become a real problem. (I've heard too many horror stories of sellers acting in good faith, and then get faced with a chargeback.)
Paypal has a new policy where if there is a complaint or call for a chargeback, the buyer has to show evidence of damage or non-delivery. They also have to return the goods in question. In most cases, an honest seller will win.

AH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:10 am 

AAHOFF wrote:
I guess my biggest complaint is the amount of low-ballers. Most of them are Asian.

Best price! Best price!

AAHOFF wrote:
When I tell them I won't accept foreign paypal, but require wire transfer instead, I never hear from them again.

That's called attrition or thinning of the herd. And it's a good thing.

AAHOFF wrote:
Paypal has a new policy where if there is a complaint or call for a chargeback, the buyer has to show evidence of damage or non-delivery. They also have to return the goods in question. In most cases, an honest seller will win. AH

It's about damn time. Let's just hope this new policy works as it's intended to. I'll believe it when I see it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:50 am 

My post refers more to CAM in Canada, BUT there is congruity.

Sale item and its price are key, of course.

However, I experience a lot of time-wasting on the CAM site. Many 'buyers', some oiled on a (near) weekend night, sending out random enquiries with no intent to purchase reasonably priced items.

One measure to adopt: insist on only CAM members being able to use the Contact form. That weeds some out.
Another: use your common sense, since a 'flake' is usually easily detected (and so to be ignored).
And: always post shipping costs in the advert upfront. Make clear that you will split multiple items if you are so willing.

Should help...
YMMV !

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:26 pm 

AAHOFF wrote:

I have a number of items for sale on US Audiomart.

Clicking on this guy's name brings up only one post--this one.
I'm new here so not sure how it works. What's the best way to find his offerings??
Go to classifieds and use FIND USER re: the same member name??

Okay, that worked. But if there's an easier way let me know!

One more thing: we're not allowed to enter into discussion in the classifieds, right? I got threatened with a permanent ban at AVS for doing that. Only did it once, but don't want to make the same mistake again anywhere.