US Audio MartUS Audio Mart
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:00 am 

I purchased a PNP Bronze from a member who said it was less than two months old.
Its the one with the integrated headshell for SME mount or can be used without headshell on a Rega type arm.
Well,I undid the screws and was pulling off the tags,<I've been in Analog since mid seventies and own about 20
cartridges>Anyway the pins coming out of the cartridge body pulled right out.
This has never happened even on my cheapest junk cartridge.
The seller had a reciept from Turntable Needles and Ortofon said they are not authorized dealer.
They also said it was clearly a manufacturing issue and should have not happened.

Meanwhile,they say I should go after seller for a refund.Well its not the sellers fault and I won't do that.
Neither is it mine,I've removed headshell wires hundreds of times and know what I'm doing.

What amazes me is how PETTY and Crappy a well known respected long time company can be.
ITs amazing that a company like Bryston can offer warranty work to the tenth owner in the 19th year and these
people won't even stand behind a obvious Quality Control DEFECT
Just a word of caution to Ortofon customers,think twice.
Steve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:31 pm 

Ah, yes, just another reason for going digital CD rather than vinyl. There's a whole list of reasons why I left vinyl in the mid 1980's and have never looked back. With terrific recording companies like Telarc, GRP, etc., etc., I get as good or better sound than any vinyl ever thought of giving. And now, you've given me another reason to stay away from vinyl. I have been tempted many times in the past, but all I need do is look at, or remember, my "list of reasons" and I quickly put those thoughts back where they belong - - in the garbage in the recesses of my mind. Yea, yea, yea, I've heard all of you die-hards vinyl lovers before. I'm older than most of you and you guys think that TT's and vinyl are the only way to go. Well, after you spend your thousands of dollars on the "surrounding" necessary junk you need to buy for good vinyl listening, like cleaners, cleaning machines, demagnetizers, etc., skips, wear out, pops, clicks, etc., and that list never ends, then you'll think to yourself at some point, "Just what the hell was I thinking??" Thank you for your story, and thanks for the kick in the pants for the warning. Oh, yes, I forgot about the many hundreds and thousands of dollars I've spent on, and no longer need to do, buying cartridges and styluses ever again!! I'm just a real happy camper since 1985. Now, I pop in my great recorded recordings into my very expensive CD player, and I'm listening in about 1 to 2 minutes, versus the 30 minutes it takes to make vinyl ready for listening! The only good TT is one that's beautiful to look upon and NEVER use.

Let me know when you get tired of all the "falderal" - - we'll talk.

Bestsound

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:18 pm 

Well...that explains alot.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:05 pm 

MrAudio wrote:

It does? What does it explain? Pray, tell us all.

Bestsound

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:07 pm 

BestSound wrote:
Ah, yes, just another reason for going digital CD rather than vinyl. There's a whole list of reasons why I left vinyl in the mid 1980's and have never looked back. With terrific recording companies like Telarc, GRP, etc., etc., I get as good or better sound than any vinyl ever thought of giving. And now, you've given me another reason to stay away from vinyl. I have been tempted many times in the past, but all I need do is look at, or remember, my "list of reasons" and I quickly put those thoughts back where they belong - - in the garbage in the recesses of my mind. Yea, yea, yea, I've heard all of you die-hards vinyl lovers before. I'm older than most of you and you guys think that TT's and vinyl are the only way to go. Well, after you spend your thousands of dollars on the "surrounding" necessary junk you need to buy for good vinyl listening, like cleaners, cleaning machines, demagnetizers, etc., skips, wear out, pops, clicks, etc., and that list never ends, then you'll think to yourself at some point, "Just what the hell was I thinking??" Thank you for your story, and thanks for the kick in the pants for the warning. Oh, yes, I forgot about the many hundreds and thousands of dollars I've spent on, and no longer need to do, buying cartridges and styluses ever again!! I'm just a real happy camper since 1985. Now, I pop in my great recorded recordings into my very expensive CD player, and I'm listening in about 1 to 2 minutes, versus the 30 minutes it takes to make vinyl ready for listening! The only good TT is one that's beautiful to look upon and NEVER use.

RU allowed to write that without being kicked in the 'nads?

Bestsound

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:04 pm 

MrAudio wrote:

Par for the course.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:15 pm 

BestSound wrote:

Bestsound

"Sure like my Big Mac popped out the window gobbled down in my very expensive Audi rather than having to go to a Michelin Star restaurant and wait hours for preparation and dining."

Some folks like the ritual of vinyl preparation just as some people like to go to Avery Fisher Hall.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:11 am 

This topic thread is being locked because it was trolled off topic ( in only four posts ! ) right after it went up in 2016. The latest post, two years after, perpetuates the useless polarized debate that replaced the original one.

The most important point in the USAM Forum Rules, here, is the On Topic rule. Politeness is only secondary because rudeness is never on topic.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]