US Audio MartUS Audio Mart
It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:24 am 

Tubelover2 wrote:
Note I also tried the 200mm Curious Cable link - with the RuR I found the stock cable better.

Yes I know, but I thought this little adapter sounded better than the delivered cable... as mentioned, perhaps its not the same, as you did not get the hard adapter, which seems nice quality

Just wanted to put the adapter delivered with Ipur2 in the chain, but it has a female end, pffff...no chance ;-)

Last edited by Danutz on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:25 am 

Danutz wrote:
Here it is:
The one with the iPur2 is different. Female B not male B.

I'll have to order one on the 'Bay. They have to be like .90cents.

PS I remember Alex posting that they bought better quality ones then normally available to include with the Regen. Wish Coboc made a silver one.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:29 am 

$1.90 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291533406041

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:36 am 

Tubelover2 wrote:
Danutz wrote:
Here it is:
The one with the iPur2 is different. Female B not male B.

I'll have to order one on the 'Bay. They have to be like .90cents.

PS I remember Alex posting that they bought better quality ones then normally available to include with the Regen. Wish Coboc made a silver one.

Yes try one, for me its more transparent than the RuR cable... the adapter even has "golden" ends ;-)

I changed configuration: PC-> Achtung Audio usb-cable-> Recovery -> iDefender-> JB (unmodded)-> W4S hard adapter-> Ipur2-> F1

Think its the best solution by now (having completely removed the W4s usb-cable) ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:48 am 

Danutz wrote:
Quote:
Yes try one, for me its more transparent than the RuR cable... the adapter even has "golden" ends ;-)

I changed configuration: PC-> Achtung Audio usb-cable-> Recovery -> iDefender-> JB (unmodded)-> W4S hard adapter-> Ipur2-> F1

Think its the best solution by now (having completely removed the W4s usb-cable) ;-)
Stock JB in between - interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:50 am 

Tubelover2 wrote:
Danutz wrote:
Quote:

Stock JB in between - interesting.

Hi tubelover, sorry posting this here...by any chance you still have this cable...i couldn't find anywhere to IM you here...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/820014/db25-to ... t_12858346

V

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:16 am 

thisisvv wrote:
Quote:
Hi tubelover, sorry posting this here...by any chance you still have this cable...i couldn't find anywhere to IM you here...
V
Hi V, Yes PM me. Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:06 pm 

Tubelover2 wrote:
thisisvv wrote:
Quote:
V
Hi V, Yes PM me. Cheers

Pmed here and head-fi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:37 pm 

thisisvv wrote:
Quote:
Pmed here and head-fi
Just sent you a PM

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:49 pm 

Tubelover2 wrote:
Yes I have the VBUS blocker at the REX USB output to the Recovery - no issues with player- being detected or SR's. I have two green lights on the Recovery.

I will note that with my 2.1mm DC cable from the DC-30W it's not a snug fit. And some times I have to twist the DC cable a bit to get power into the RuR. Then the iPur2, iDefender, F-1 all light up.

These chains can be a bit weird at times. Like why doesn't the LEX work with a iDefender in between? But the iPurs>F-1 work great?? :roll: (Pardon the Emoticons!) LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still wondering how you can have the 2 green lights powered with the Vbusblocker. I will get my ICRON this morning, will check this on the REX. Could it be that your JB is not completely cut, but that there is some connection internally?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:01 pm 

Spark85 wrote:
Lazz wrote:
Help. Someone has posted a pic here using a Nad M51 and a Singxer SU-1 using an lps for each one. I know/think the Singxer needs +5volt dc but does anybody know what the Nad M51 needs. Thx.

Lately I've been making some changes, power supply, dimmers and capacitors very recently. Still in test state.
But I have the impression, that the dim point of the NAD M51 is not power, but USB implementation. With the SU-1, Startech and some more detail on power supply, the change has been radical since I bought it a year and a half ago.

The NAD M51 needs a voltage of 12Vcc, the consumption I remember remembering that it was about 800mA approximately.

Several details about my model. I do not know if all the models come like this.
The colors of the wiring in my concrete case were reversed, ie the red color were negative and black positive. Keep this in mind and check it out before doing anything.
It also has a white cable with a positive also 12V. I think it's for the timer or similar, I'm not sure, but it turns on and off normally without it.

Both the red and black cables have a connected connection, ie they are connected in the power supply and in the motherboard. Are duplicates.

Ask me for more details you need. I'm going on a trip tomorrow and will not be here until next Friday. If you need any help and I can help you.

I currently do not use the original source of the photo, but a simple linear source.

The links in the photos are not working. Later I will try to you so that you can see it.

The Nad M51 needs 13volts but not sure what amperage.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:39 am 

Hi tubelover2,

could you recommend anything similar to the Art Audio 4x4 Pro on the european market... cannot find one with EU-receptables...

thanx ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:26 am 

Danutz wrote:
Hi tubelover2,

could you recommend anything similar to the Art Audio 4x4 Pro on the european market... cannot find one with EU-receptables...

thanx ;-)

No not really familiar as to low cost solutions there. Russ Andrews makes nice gear - but expensive.

Good Luck

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:12 pm 

Just curiosity sake....what is the total cost of this ultra usb chain...i know we do spend a lot ...i am just wondering how much money i need to plow in if i sell my current setup ...what is the ballpark no?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:33 pm 

Danutz wrote:
Hi tubelover2,

thanx ;-)

I would go a whole different direction:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/foru ... ot-thread/

John Swenson knows of which he speaks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 77  Next