US Audio MartUS Audio Mart
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139 ... 170  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:51 am 

Asimov wrote:
Got a detailed comparison here:
http://www.basshead.club/spdif-battle-m ... net-et-al/

The ranking of the author:

1.Lynx E22 (or AES16e)
2.Focusrite Rednet 3
3.Schiit Eitr
4.Mutec MC-3+ Smart Clock USB
5.Singxer SU-1
6.ESI Juli@ XTe
7.Mutec MC-1.2
8.CI Audio Transient MKII
9.Singxer F-1
10.Audio-GD DIU8
11.Audio-GD DI-2014
12.Gustard U12

There’s a gap in performance between #4 and #5. Below #4, I tend to experience some degree of digital hash or other imperfections. Below #7, I don’t know that it’s worth buying unless your DAC has particularly bad USB (or none at all).

Best S/PDIF Device

Overall: Lynx E22/AES16e
Truly neutral presentation without coloration. This is much easier to use than the Rednet that it trades blows with as the top contender I’ve used, but the Rednet is just too much of a hassle to recommend it to anyone.

USB: Schiit Eitr
Cures the digital hash/swoosh of USB and does the exactly one thing it does incredibly well. You’ll need a converter to go to AES if that’s your thing. It doesn’t do DSD or exotic sample rates (greater than 192kHz). But it does its one thing better than every USB converter (and this review is about S/PDIF), so it wins.

Best Bang-for-the-Buck S/PDIF Device
Schiit Eitr
Nothing comes close to the value of the Schiit Eitr. The other USB devices might as well not exist if all you’re after is S/PDIF conversion. You have to spend more than 4x the price to get something better (Lynx E22 at $700 + breakout cable + AES->S/PDIF cable).
I know Luckbad - another big SBAFanboy.

Take this with a grain of salt.

He is comparing a F-1 powered by the PC's USB horribly noisy power to the Rednet and Lynx and Eitr. The F-1 powered by a clean LT3045/LPS combo surely blows the Eitr away. Esp with some GI from a Startech/ICRON - add in a SLC mSD and it's not even close.

On the Rednet3 - which I post much about and was the first to actually buy and try. It's no hassle at all. Comes with a DVS (Digital Virtual Soundcare) that appears as an ASIO driver to the PC. So you can use any music player like Foobar of JRMC - and it was super stable.

Now he compares putting a Lynx22 card INTO a noisy PC on the PCIe bus. Many have tried this and say it sucks basically. If you move it outside the PC - into a separate enclosure with a LPS for power it's better. But still many who have compare to the Rednet3 much prefer the RN3. Add a Mutec MC-3+ USB as a SPDIF/AES reclocker and you have a pretty powerful combo.

I mean seriously...look at that cheesy 'breakout cable'
Attachment:
download 55.jpg
download 55.jpg [ 362.47 KiB | Viewed 1032 times ]

On the Mutec MC-3+ USB as a stand alone DDC- is pretty good - but not for the money ($1099). Old tech XMOS U-8 board inside - not great clocks the USB board, built in $8 SMPS - but very good G1 1Mhz clock for reclocking. Had one and sold it.
Attachment:
XMOS USB Board 2_zpsldnyqrvh.jpg
XMOS USB Board 2_zpsldnyqrvh.jpg [ 153.69 KiB | Viewed 1035 times ]

A F-1 with a DC-30W + iPur2 - better and cheaper. With a LT3045 another level.

But there is another alternative on the picture - besides the Pro3z (which looks to be better then the F-1)...
the L.K.S USB-100

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:58 am 

Here would be my current ratings and rankings (the numbers are just a relative number - they are not percentages). The Breeze Audio (Talema) DU-U8 = 100

Obviously these are my subjective ratings YMMV - and yes I have owned (had a loaner) all these for an extended period of time:
'Epitome+' Hybrid USB/Ethernet GB LAN chain 'Rb2013 Sig' power cable - 650 YES i't really that much better! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
'Epitome' Hybrid USB/Ethernet GB LAN chain (see post on the prior page and page 100) 500 - YES it's that good! :mrgreen:
'Ultra' Hybrid USB/Ethernet GB LAN chain (details to long to list) 370
BURL B2B DAC with DANTE Brooklyn II/ modded w/LPS power 285
REDNET 3/Cerious Graphene/Mutec 3+ USB (SPDIF)/Antelope OCX (RN wClock) 270
REDNET 3/Cerious/Mutec 3+ USB/Audience au24 se digital cable 250
REDNET 3/Cerious/Mutec 3+ USB (SPDIF reclocker)/AS Sliver Statement dig cable 240 - Right about here is where I felt my old $30k Analog rig was finally surpassed (VPI Super Scout Master Signature/Dynavector XV1-S/all Nordost Vahalla cabling including the VPI tonearm/Bent Audio Silver Step-Up transformers/Conrad Johnson totl tubed Phono Pre-amp/Siemens CCa early '60s NOS tubes).
REDNET 3/Cerious Power Cord 220
Singxer F-1 DC30W/Cerious/Recovery/DCiPur/ iPur2/Startech GB LAN Iso USB 170
Mutec 3+ Smart Clock USB/Cerious Power Cord 155
Singxer F-1 DC30W/Cerious/Recovery/DCiPur/ iPur2 145
PUC2 Lite TeraDak DC30W/Cerious/Regen 135
Singxer F-1 DC30W/Cerious 135
DXIO Silver/TeraDak DC-30W/Cerious 130
Singxer X-1 DC30W/Cerious/Recovery/DCiPur/iPur2 125
PUC2 Lite - USB power 110
Singxer F-1 Stock feed 110
Breeze/Cerious Graph/WBT RCA Nexgen 109
Breeze DU-U8 with Cerious Graphene 108
Breeze DU-U8 (Talema version) 100
Breeze DU-U8 (BingZi version) 95
Hydra Z with LPS 92
Melodious MX-U8 (upgraded caps) 85
Melodious MX-U8 (stock) 81
Gustard U12 (upgraded caps) 76
Gustard U12 stock 72
iDAC DAC2 (used as a DDC) 65
Musiland USB3.0 US Dragon 65
M2Tech EVO with LPS 60
Audiophileo 2 USB Power 50
M2Tech Hiface 40

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:03 am 

Been following the discussions on this over looked DDC and may be next on my buy list:

L.K.S USB-100:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LKS-Amanero-Combo384-USB-interface-I2S-RJ45-HDMI-Coaxial-out-DSD512-with-Crystek-/131931555969?hash=item1eb7bbc881:g:GhsAAOSwknJXz-R~" target="_blank">http://www.ebay.com/itm/LKS-Amanero-Com ... SwknJXz-R~

I know we have discussed the LKS DACs here before but never really discussed the USB-100. Why would I consider it a replacement for the F-1?

Well I am curious about the new Gen Amanero Combo384 USB chip - I have read many good thing about this redesign. It had some growing pains at first (needed a few firmware updates to fix some issues), but it appears quite stable now. And as opposed to the old tech CM6631A chip - limited to 192K and those crappy clocks in the Eater - this design has totl dual Crystek CCHD-975!! These are accually better then the CCHD575 in that they support the 'Tri-State' suspend mode. When one of the audio clocks is selected the other it put into suspend mode to lower jitter significantly. The CCHD-575 does not have this feature - although Singxer has said they had it custom designed into theirs - I have not verified that.

But better is the use of the 4uv TI TPS7A4700 - after the LT3045 the next best LDO regulators out there:
PSRR:
Attachment:
G011_BVS204.png
G011_BVS204.png [ 5.35 KiB | Viewed 1023 times ]

Far better then the ADP150 used in the F-1/SU-1

The one downside is the use of the Murata DA-101C SPDIF isolation transformers vs the CPLD on the Singxer's.

5VDC input - so no need for a mod to power with ext DC LPS.

I also like the hand wired (vs board mounted) SPDIF coax terminal - an easy upgrade to a Eichman or WBT NexGen exact 75ohm digital RCA socket.

Attachment:
TB2DRAbtVXXXXX2XpXXXXXXXXXX_!!11406668.jpg
TB2DRAbtVXXXXX2XpXXXXXXXXXX_!!11406668.jpg [ 158.95 KiB | Viewed 1028 times ]

Attachment:
TB2aoghtVXXXXXnXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!11406668.jpg
TB2aoghtVXXXXXnXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!11406668.jpg [ 205.47 KiB | Viewed 1028 times ]

Attachment:
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg [ 38.89 KiB | Viewed 1028 times ]

http://lrx.en.alibaba.com/product/60570 ... face.html#!
Quote:
Description
At the request of the masses of users,after more than a year of efforts,we finally launched a quality very good independent external USB interface.The USB interface adopts Italian Amanero Combo384 solution,after Amanero license authorization,users are free to update the official firmware.
More critical of material selection,we use the highest rated at present,the price is also the most expensive American crystek CCHD-957 clock,to obtain precise digital audio signal reconstruction.Power supply side,the interface by a single 5V dc power supply,has carried on the multiplex branch power supply inside,each branch adopts TI import of ultra low noise TPS7A4700 independent power supply,the purpose is to the power of each part crosstalk noise to a minimum.(crystals also USES independent of a regulated power TPS7A4700)
All adopt the panasonic ultra low ESR solid-state capacitors and NPO/COG power steady flow and the optimization of ceramic capacitor of decoupling(remove high-frequency noise and improve the ability of the transient discharge).

Sound quality,and the overall sound like very stable,instrument body feels strong,sound quality and low-frequency descend with good cohesion,acoustic field is open, the sound fresh moist,full,connect fully, on both ends of the extension,sound density is wonderful,delicate and exquisite,balance and nature.

Drive and installation instructions link, please contact us.

Specification:
Computer USB connection,support for Windows XP,win7 win8 win10 system (32/64),support MAC system,support system of the Linux kernel,support most android,apple with OTG function system (in apple's camera suite connections)
Output coaxial mouth(support PCM 44.1K~192 K),coaxial without DoP output;

I2S output port(I2S-E) and I2S-H,support PCM44.1K~384K,DSD64~DSD512 native native DSD output,no signal DoP.

The white LED display,can display the current work of the sampling rate.

LPS-25-USB 5V Low noise output linear power supply

The standard output voltage 5.00V,the user can through the fine-tuning Adj hole on the reverse of the output voltage,the adjustment range is usually 10% above or below
Being cheaper then a SU-1 a no-brainer?

Well it does not have the flexibility with i2s as the SU-1 with it's jumpers -and there has been some issues with compatibilty. The good news both a RJ-45 and HDMI i2s is provided - so if a 'custom' wired i2s cable is needed the RJ-45 is way easier to work with.
https://www.computeraudiophile.com/foru ... interface/

This looks to be one killer good DDC!

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:34 am 

Asimov wrote:
Now I need a USB to Spdif converter.

Reading good feedback on Schiit EITR.
If anyone has any experience with Schiit EITR, please share.

I replaced a ISO Regen with LPS-1/Singxer F-1 in my chain with the Schiit Eitr and, to my ears, is an improvement. Sound stage and instrument separation on my 2 channel setup improved as did the bass. On my headphone system I noticed that the background was quieter while detail and was better.

Of course the god of this thread will tell you it is terrible.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:49 am 

L.K.S USB-100 seems very promising.
I was reading the CA thread but everybody is talking about HDMI/I2S output but my DAC has no HDMI/I2S input, it has AES and SPDIF input. I am curious to know how it sounds with its Spdif output.

Rob, do you have any scope to hear it in near future?

Tubelover2 wrote:
Been following the discussions on this over looked DDC and may be next on my buy list:

L.K.S USB-100:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LKS-Amanero-Combo384-USB-interface-I2S-RJ45-HDMI-Coaxial-out-DSD512-with-Crystek-/131931555969?hash=item1eb7bbc881:g:GhsAAOSwknJXz-R~" target="_blank">http://www.ebay.com/itm/LKS-Amanero-Com ... SwknJXz-R~

I know we have discussed the LKS DACs here before but never really discussed the USB-100. Why would I consider it a replacement for the F-1?

Well I am curious about the new Gen Amanero Combo384 USB chip - I have read many good thing about this redesign. It had some growing pains at first (needed a few firmware updates to fix some issues), but it appears quite stable now. And as opposed to the old tech CM6631A chip - limited to 192K and those crappy clocks in the Eater - this design has totl dual Crystek CCHD-975!! These are accually better then the CCHD575 in that they support the 'Tri-State' suspend mode. When one of the audio clocks is selected the other it put into suspend mode to lower jitter significantly. The CCHD-575 does not have this feature - although Singxer has said they had it custom designed into theirs - I have not verified that.

But better is the use of the 4uv TI TPS7A4700 - after the LT3045 the next best LDO regulators out there:
PSRR:
Attachment:
G011_BVS204.png

Far better then the ADP150 used in the F-1/SU-1

The one downside is the use of the Murata DA-101C SPDIF isolation transformers vs the CPLD on the Singxer's.

5VDC input - so no need for a mod to power with ext DC LPS.

I also like the hand wired (vs board mounted) SPDIF coax terminal - an easy upgrade to a Eichman or WBT NexGen exact 75ohm digital RCA socket.

Attachment:
TB2DRAbtVXXXXX2XpXXXXXXXXXX_!!11406668.jpg

Attachment:
TB2aoghtVXXXXXnXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!11406668.jpg

Attachment:
s-l500.jpg

http://lrx.en.alibaba.com/product/60570 ... face.html#!
Quote:
Description
At the request of the masses of users,after more than a year of efforts,we finally launched a quality very good independent external USB interface.The USB interface adopts Italian Amanero Combo384 solution,after Amanero license authorization,users are free to update the official firmware.
More critical of material selection,we use the highest rated at present,the price is also the most expensive American crystek CCHD-957 clock,to obtain precise digital audio signal reconstruction.Power supply side,the interface by a single 5V dc power supply,has carried on the multiplex branch power supply inside,each branch adopts TI import of ultra low noise TPS7A4700 independent power supply,the purpose is to the power of each part crosstalk noise to a minimum.(crystals also USES independent of a regulated power TPS7A4700)
All adopt the panasonic ultra low ESR solid-state capacitors and NPO/COG power steady flow and the optimization of ceramic capacitor of decoupling(remove high-frequency noise and improve the ability of the transient discharge).

Sound quality,and the overall sound like very stable,instrument body feels strong,sound quality and low-frequency descend with good cohesion,acoustic field is open, the sound fresh moist,full,connect fully, on both ends of the extension,sound density is wonderful,delicate and exquisite,balance and nature.

Drive and installation instructions link, please contact us.

Specification:
Computer USB connection,support for Windows XP,win7 win8 win10 system (32/64),support MAC system,support system of the Linux kernel,support most android,apple with OTG function system (in apple's camera suite connections)
Output coaxial mouth(support PCM 44.1K~192 K),coaxial without DoP output;

I2S output port(I2S-E) and I2S-H,support PCM44.1K~384K,DSD64~DSD512 native native DSD output,no signal DoP.

The white LED display,can display the current work of the sampling rate.

LPS-25-USB 5V Low noise output linear power supply

The standard output voltage 5.00V,the user can through the fine-tuning Adj hole on the reverse of the output voltage,the adjustment range is usually 10% above or below
Being cheaper then a SU-1 a no-brainer?

Well it does not have the flexibility with i2s as the SU-1 with it's jumpers -and there has been some issues with compatibilty. The good news both a RJ-45 and HDMI i2s is provided - so if a 'custom' wired i2s cable is needed the RJ-45 is way easier to work with.
https://www.computeraudiophile.com/foru ... interface/

This looks to be one killer good DDC!

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:04 am 

winders wrote:
Asimov wrote:
Now I need a USB to Spdif converter.

Reading good feedback on Schiit EITR.
If anyone has any experience with Schiit EITR, please share.

I replaced a ISO Regen with LPS-1/Singxer F-1 in my chain with the Schiit Eitr and, to my ears, is an improvement. Sound stage and instrument separation on my 2 channel setup improved as did the bass. On my headphone system I noticed that the background was quieter while detail and was better.

Of course the god of this thread will tell you it is terrible.

I was also considering Eitr before knowing about L.K.S Audio USB-100.
So far I remember Rob said Eitr's parts are not at the same level of Singxer F-1.
I know you have different views than Tubelover2 but so far his recommendation works for me.
Recently I have bought some gadgets from his recommendations like LT3045 LDO, USB cables, Spdif cables, SATA cables etc, all met my expectation.
The problem with me is I have to buy without listening and I would have no option to return or sell if it does not meet my expectation as I live in a very remote area. So I have to rely on some one who's assessment match with mine.
Hope you understand.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:24 am 

Asimov wrote:
I was also considering Eitr before knowing about L.K.S Audio USB-100.
So far I remember Rob said Eitr's parts are not at the same level of Singxer F-1.
I know you have different views than Tubelover2 but so far his recommendation works for me.
Recently I have bought some gadgets from his recommendations like LT3045 LDO, USB cables, Spdif cables, SATA cables etc, all met my expectation.
The problem with me is I have to buy without listening and I would have no option to return or sell if it does not meet my expectation as I live in a very remote area. So I have to rely on some one who's assessment match with mine.
Hope you understand.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
I have been promted from ex-Guru to God! Thanks WB!

Don't listen to his empty (lacking in detail or objectivity) FB rhetoric - just there to Troll our fun.
I won't rehash all his contradictory and hypocritical comments here and elsewhere (like USB sucks without ever directly hearing it compared to other sources like totl analog or other digital sources (SACD discs, AOIP, etc...)(vs reading about it) - they speak for themselves.

So far the comments (other then his trolling) have been nearly universally positive in terms of SQ improvements with these devices.

And yes the Eiter is just old GEN 2 tech with a few $2 LAN GI transformers thrown in. 10 yr old CM6631A, crappy clocks, Wall Wart - but now beats everything? Beats a F-1 with a IR/LPS-1? That is hard to imagine.

His comments are highly suspect - that is lacking any specific audio traits - or detailed analysis. Like how was the SQ with the IR with the GI engaged and not engaged? How did the USPCB improve the SQ? I think hos 'Made in the USA' was the only comment -he seems to have a 'nationalist' audio selection criteria. If it's made in American it has to sound better.

No just a blanket contradictory statement.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:52 am 

Pretty amazing bargains on the new ESS9039Pro - check this DAC out:

Dual R-core transformers - $425 with a Amanero 384Combo board. To bad no i2s input.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ES9038-ES9038PR ... 0009.m1982

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:35 pm 

Any comparisons or guesses concerning which would offer better SQ?
LT3045 (dedicated single voltage board at 5V) vs. iFi DC iPurifier
Considering source of a better TeraDak or LPS-1 for example..

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:46 pm 

Bob,

Your detailed analysis universally involves some change you've made ALWAYS improving the sound quality. Then again, you also think that USB magically adds some kind of magic to the music that various non-USB solutions can't provide. Of course, you can't explain how this might work. But that shouldn't be a surprise since there is no actual explanation for it.

I think the $179 Eitr sounds better than the $850 LPS-1/ISO Regen/Singxer F-1 solution. Not substantially better. But a bit better. I would be happy with either but, when you factor in the costs, it's a no brainer to pick the Eitr. You haven't listened to an Eitr so you don't know one way or the other. Even if you had, the posts you have already made here would require you to hate it.

You love to spew hate and attack people that have opinions that don't line up with yours. You aren't open minded at all.

I don't care if people here listen to me or not. I just love the crazy path they seem willing to follow to achieve what you claim to have achieved. We should be striving for simplicity, not complexity.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:30 pm 

Whoo-hooo! 120,000 views soon! :mrgreen: Wasn't it just a few weeks ago we hit 100,000? Wow this thread is as hot as a pistol, and had as gone way beyond my expectations...so much ground covered in so little time.

Thanks to All my viewers...quarter million by yr end? We'll see.

Saturday night madness...wait until you see what I found tonight. Crazy I say, just plumb crazy.

Cheers!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:05 pm 

I urge all fellows who are considering the Schiit Eitr, do visit the SBAF site and spend time reading the discussion of the it and its previous generation equivalent products (i.e. Wyrd, USB Gen 2/3). A good starting point will be from here: https://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/i ... ost-154533

Any Schitt product thread on SBAF usually goes like this:

1. Schiit releases a new (generation) of product, the SBAF experts declare "it fxxks everything else in/above its class". It is dumb to spend money on anything else because anything else is piece of ****.
2. Some early adopters of the new product report issues, the SBAF expert reply (i) perfectly normal, (ii) the particular users not having enough experience listening to good audio gear, (iii) being accused of fanboys of Schiit competitors
3. Six months to 1 year after the initial product release, that Schitt product floods the used market.
4. 1.5 year after the initial product release, even the SBAF experts themselves move away from using that Schitt product.
5. 2 years after the initial product release, Schiit releases the next generation of the same product, again the SBAF experts hail "it fxxks everything else in/above the class", and finally the same obvious problems (already mentioned by the early adopters 2 years ago) of the previous generation/release Schiit product are finally mentioned by those SBAF experts.

It is natural for any company to make improvement and release update/new version of its product, but one must understand the validity of that "it fxxks everything else" claim.

Overall I find the SBAF expert advices not much different to those stock market "Buy/Sell" advices from investment column journalists. They dazzle you with technical charts, omit/distort obvious risks, and serve the parties who support them.

After all, music listening is a hobby of art appreciation. I have never known and met anyone in my life who frequently uses foul language in their words having good taste of music. And for sure I won't seek any advice remotely related to art from them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:10 am 

borrego wrote:
I urge all fellows who are considering the Schiit Eitr, do visit the SBAF site and spend time reading the discussion of the it and its previous generation equivalent products (i.e. Wyrd, USB Gen 2/3). A good starting point will be from here: https://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/i ... ost-154533

Any Schitt product thread on SBAF usually goes like this:

1. Schiit releases a new (generation) of product, the SBAF experts declare "it fxxks everything else in/above its class". It is dumb to spend money on anything else because anything else is piece of ****.
2. Some early adopters of the new product report issues, the SBAF expert reply (i) perfectly normal, (ii) the particular users not having enough experience listening to good audio gear, (iii) being accused of fanboys of Schiit competitors
3. Six months to 1 year after the initial product release, that Schitt product floods the used market.
4. 1.5 year after the initial product release, even the SBAF experts themselves move away from using that Schitt product.
5. 2 years after the initial product release, Schiit releases the next generation of the same product, again the SBAF experts hail "it fxxks everything else in/above the class", and finally the same obvious problems (already mentioned by the early adopters 2 years ago) of the previous generation/release Schiit product are finally mentioned by those SBAF experts.

It is natural for any company to make improvement and release update/new version of its product, but one must understand the validity of that "it fxxks everything else" claim.

Overall I find the SBAF expert advices not much different to those stock market "Buy/Sell" advices from investment column journalists. They dazzle you with technical charts, omit/distort obvious risks, and serve the parties who support them.

After all, music listening is a hobby of art appreciation. I have never known and met anyone in my life who frequently uses foul language in their words having good taste of music. And for sure I won't seek any advice remotely related to art from them.
Great post - boy you nail the process...rinse and repeat over and over. Except now the SBAFanboys spread out infecting other noble threads with their Schiity propaganda.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:29 am 

winders wrote:
Your detailed analysis universally involves some change you've made ALWAYS improving the sound quality. Then again, you also think that USB magically adds some kind of magic to the music that various non-USB solutions can't provide. Of course, you can't explain how this might work. But that shouldn't be a surprise since there is no actual explanation for it.
Scott (aka Windbag or WB), you have not tried any non-USB solution but just buy into it beacuse your Guru say so.

Quote:
I think the $179 Eitr sounds better than the $850 LPS-1/ISO Regen/Singxer F-1 solution. Not substantially better. But a bit better. I would be happy with either but, when you factor in the costs, it's a no brainer to pick the Eitr. You haven't listened to an Eitr so you don't know one way or the other. Even if you had, the posts you have already made here would require you to hate it.

The Eater is far down my list of things to spend money on, I wouldn't even waist your money on it - oh wait you already did. Maybe when you're selling it for $90 I'll buy yours. Just because some Newbie SBAFanboy trolls this thread with his Schiity new trinket I'm supposed to go and buy it? We have posters here who's opinion I value, who have directly compared the Eitr to the XMOS Pro3z and sent the Eater right back for a refund. And why would I even waist my time with a 'free' at home trial, when I can plainly see it's the same old GEN1, GEN2, GEN3 tech with a few new $2 chips thrown in there.

Why do you constantly stalk this thread? Because honestly you know SBAF has nothing legitimate to offer - and this is where the real ground breaking digital source stuff is being discussed - or else why bother pestering us? You get your rocks off trolling and disrupting valuable sites? For those new here WB is just a Newbie - who bought his first real DAC 6 months ago. And who used his desktop computer speaker ('near' field) for his critical listening - until he bought a month ago his current 44 driver 'Biggest Boom Boxes' made in Utah -Amerika speakers.

Quote:
You love to spew hate and attack people that have opinions that don't line up with yours. You aren't open minded at all.
You're the one crashing this thread with your hate speech - calling all of us 'idiots' for what we are hearing and experiencing - the best SQ ever. From USB - which you claim is impossible - yet have no experience with what we are listening to.

Quote:
I don't care if people here listen to me or not. I just love the crazy path they seem willing to follow to achieve what you claim to have achieved. We should be striving for simplicity, not complexity.
I only respond to you - because I find pointing out your moronic and obvious self-contradictions, so much fun! :lol: I get great entertainment from it.

WB Contridictions:

First:
You say "We should be striving for simplicity" so why buy the Eiter and not the GEN5 board? The GEN5 board has the same crappy components as the Eiter and is cheaper. More importantly it uses i2s vs SPDIF - so is simpler.
GEN5>DAC vs Eiter>i2s>SPDIF Conversion>SPDIF cable>Yggy SPDIF input>Yggy SPDIF to i2s conversion>DAC

Not only that the GEN5 board uses the Yggy's supposedly superior shunt regulated power supply - vs the Eiter's SMPS Wall Wart. And for such a zero skilled Newbie you should have Schiit install it for you - they offer that. And it's cheaper - especially considering the cost of a decent SPDIF cable - what did you spend for yours? $20 at Bestbuy? The Eater doesn't even have a AES output, and I hear so many claim the Yggy sounds better with AES vs SPDIF. Just slapping on a SPDIF to AES Canare adapter doesn't convert the lower output unbalanced SPDIF to AES - just changes the impedance and pinout so it can work. But lacks all the benefits that AES has to offer? Why did Schiit not include a AES/EBU output on the Eiter? Well they claim the socket wouldn't fit on their little case...so why not design a bigger case? Seems like a huge design mistake.

Makes no sense - and is so contradictory. But I'm sure this is all lost on you and the SBAFanboy supposed audio gurus/experts there. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Second:You posted over and over on SBAF that the plain F-1 (using your MAC's noisy USB power) had much better SQ over the 'Yggy' GEN3 USB input. Don't try and cover your tracks all your posts have been documented here. That was with no USB devices - let alone the gear we are using. Yet it beat the Yggy's own i2s board - and not even AES - just the F-1's SPDIF.

Ok now you are saying the Eiter with the same old decade old CM6631A, same crappy clocks, and now with $2 LAN transformers for supposed GI, $8 SMPS Wall Wart power supply. And it now beats the F-1 with the latest generation XMOS XU-208, CPLD SPDIF isolation, low noise LDO regulation, XMOS/Crystek CCHD-575 DC isolation - with a ISO Regen with GI, ultra low noise clocks, ultra low noise LT3042 regulators, fed by a LPS-1. That is a huge contradiction, and undermines all your credibility here.

Third:
I see you refuse to update your loser 16...er...make that now 17 post thread you started on HF to reflect on your supposed Eiter beats F-1/IR/LPS-1 - that you constantly post here...Humm I smell BS... :cry:
UpTone Audio ISO Regen Listening ImpressionsWhere you felt so impressed you needed to start a whole new thread to annouce your findings?
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/uptone- ... ns.850645/

And at least there you posted some details like:
Quote:
2016 MacBook Pro (A+ 3.x) --USB--> Singxer F-1 --SPDIF coax--> Yggdrasil --XLR--> Mjolnir 2 --SE--> Powered Nearfield Monitors
So just filthy noisy USB power from the MAC to the F-1...probably a cheap $5 USB cable and $20 SPDIF - nice.

But you wax eloquently on the combo:
Quote:
My new audio looks like this:

2016 MacBook Pro (A+ 3.x) --USB--> ISO Regen --USPCB--> Singxer F-1 --SPDIF coax--> Yggdrasil --XLR--> Mjolnir 2 --SE--> Powered Nearfield Monitors

The following comments outline the changes I perceive with the ISO Regen and USPCB in place and powered on for more 15 hours:

The music and voices emanate from a quieter background.

The timbre of instruments and voices are a bit more defined. This is even true with bass sounds which tend to muddle together more.

The bass is more full yet has more detail and clarity. The mids and highs are a bit sharper without being harsher. The overall clarity and detail are a little bit better.

The soundstage isn’t any wider but I get a sense of more depth and height. Instruments and voices have much better isolation and their locations are more defined. This is the single biggest difference I hear in the music. I could hear this before but not with the laser like focus I get now. Instead of the sound coming from a general direction on the stage, I get a sense of the sound coming from a very specific location on the stage. The effect is subtle but it gives me a much better sense of being at a live performance.

WOW! Quite a review - and your details on the Eiter vs this combo? 'It's slightly better'... :wink: And after only 15 hours on the F-1/IR/LPS-1...not even broken in yet...yet you write a review about it...bet after a 100 hrs it would have sounded even better.

But you're not done yet on the F-1:
Quote:
The differences I hear are nothing more than subtle. It’s when you take them as a whole that you realize how much the listening experience is enhanced. The clarity and detail improvements along with the voice and instrument isolation on the soundstage make for a much more realistic and better sounding listening experience.
Ok so nobody gave a Schiit about your 'IR listening impressions' but it was a decent review. But I bet your SBAFanboys Guru was quiet displeased as he is a HF poster as well...but now you are back in his and his followers good graces with your 'bandwagon' purchase of the Eiter.

So why not just go and update the Headfi IR thread you started? I know why...your claim the Eater is better is all BS...

Scott, I know what your game is - to troll and disrupt this thread. Intimidate others, who share by PM with me their positive experiences, to not post their comments here. But you see I LOVE it! You add some drama to the thread and gain more views...and do bring up some questions that some newer folks might have and may stumble onto SBAF.

So to that I want to thank you!
Attachment:
download (4).jpg
download (4).jpg [ 9.16 KiB | Viewed 929 times ]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by Tubelover2 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 am 

HF thread on the Eiter:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/schiit- ... 159/page-4

Quote:
Aug 3, 2017 Post #46 of 54
jseymour
jseymour
New Head-Fier
I have had my Eitr powered up since last Thursday. It replaced a Yellowtec PUC2 Lite (AES output) that was powered by a USB Disruptor power supply. There is a very slight improvement in clarity over the PUC2. This is a testament to the PUC2 since it has been on the market since at least 2010.
I had a PUC2 and rated it 135 powered by a DC-30W. The F-1/Regen/DC iPur/DC-30W beat it at 145. Epitome+ 650...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139 ... 170  Next