How to Ensure you Receive Replies to your Classifieds Whitelists
If your email provider supports whitelisting, add CAM/USAM to your whitelist.Use a provider with good deliverability
In general, Hotmail, Yahoo, and AOL are more likely to not receive mail than Gmail.Never Mark CAM Email as Spam
CAM & USAM use a paid email delivery service to improve delivery to your email address. Part of being a responsible website and responsible email source is to follow a set of "Best Practices" for email etiquette which includes respecting when users mark email as "spam" or complain about an email from our CAM/USAM.
What this means is that our email delivery service automatically stops sending you emails when you mark any email from us as spam. This is not something immediately obvious to users, but all major email providers such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Cogeco, AOL, Gmail, Telus, Bell, and many others do not like to see continued emails from sources that have been marked as Spam by a user. These are not our rules, they are the rules that ISPs require us to follow in order to ensure general deliverability to all of our users.
The most common complaint we see now with people not receiving emails from us, is that they have previously marked some email from CAM/USAM as spam. When this happens, all future emails are dropped and no delivery to you is made ever again.
To avoid this problem, never use the SPAM or COMPLAINT reports on any emails sent from CAM, even if the email appears to be sent through CAM by a spammer, fraudulent user, or otherwise an annoying user. The Spam or Complaint report reflects on CAM's ability to deliver to you!But I get Spam Replies to My Classifieds!
The reality is that there are a number of users who might try to spam you through replying to your classifieds on CAM/USAM. Instead of reporting the email as spam on your email provider, use the CAM report link instead. Every CAM classified reply contains a link at the bottom to let you report the sender. This does several things when used:
What to do if you can't receive our emails
- It alerts our moderators so they know that there's a spammer, or fraudulent user on our site
- It allows us to completely block this spammer, so they can never approach you, or anyone else on CAM.
- It allows our moderators to remove that reply completely from all accounts, so that it is no longer in your reply history on the site, and not listed in your ad.
- It allows us to do all of the above without affecting delivery to you!
- USAM/CAM has a My Responses feature on the top right corner of every classified page. Just click on that link to see a list of all responses to your classifieds. While not a replacement for email notifications, if you check regularly you won't miss out on reply opportunities. You can read more about My Responses in our announcement here.
- Check your spam folder to see if emails from us are going to your Spam. If you find them there, make sure to tell your mail program that these emails are not spam!
- Contact us and let us know, we have a tool that can check if your email is blocking us.
This is a repeat thread from CAM, you can refer to the thread here: http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/vi ... =3&t=26733Additional Help with Receiving Emails