US Audio MartUS Audio Mart
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Arcam versus Oppo
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:26 am 

I am thinking of replacing my Arcam Alpha 7 CD player with an Oppo BDP-105. While there is nothing wrong with my Arcam, it's sound is just as sublime as the day of purchase, this very committed and dedicated Oppo following is more that piquing my interest into Oppo. But the Arcam, as I mentioned is a truly superb machine. In a way I feel that the purchase of an Oppo 105D would be a bit out of place as this is going to be used as a CD player only in a two-channel system located in my backroom that is dedicated to music only. When the employment market changes and I am able to to replace the sub-standard products in my front room as well as the player in back then the purchase of an Oppo BDP-105 is going to be the player of choice. Unless there is some new company or significant advance in the technology and I am able to locate a player that is superior to the Oppo 105D until then I have made my selection. Just to let you know what I am working concerning hardware; B&K PT-3 preamp B&K 125.2 amp, B&W 805's speakers, Velodyne SPL subwoofer, Monster HDP-2400 line conditioner, AudioQuest interconnects, unable to recall or locate the name of the power cable for the amp but I paid $225. So that is my system that I am currently working with. It is my intention to upgrade the speakers to the current version of B&W 805d's as well as the media player.
Please respond to my inquiry only if you are knowledgeable about Arcam and Oppo. I realize that that are many fine players to choose from but I am only interested in the comparison between the Arcam and Oppo. I do not intend to come across as an ass or not open to other players but I have researched and I am trying to ascertain the best option between these two brands. I appreciate any knowledge regarding the performance of these two players. If there is someone out there that has heard both specific players intimately that would be most ideal. I look forward to any opinion or assistance that anyone is able to provide. Thank you.
James