US Audio MartUS Audio Mart
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Zip Codes
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:50 pm 

I would like to suggest that USAM add zip codes to the "About Seller" section of the ad template. You already show the city and state, but I like having the zip code right there also. Personally, I like it because it makes the zip readily available to me if I want to grab it and go calculate the shipping expense on the FedEx or UPS shipping calculators. Even if the website or the seller calculates shipping and posts it into the ad I will still go to the source and calculate it for my own satisfaction. Also, when I see interesting ads that are located in California as I am I like to consider the possibility of avoiding shipping and perhaps driving to pick up the item. Even though you list the cities by name I am not always familiar with a particular city's location--Southern, Central, or Northern Cal. The zip code would clue me in to any city's general location without having to conduct a bit of research. It's a small thing, but I would find it convenient. Maybe others would, too.

Post subject: Re: Zip Codes
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:25 pm 
Site Admin

Right now the zip code will display to logged in users on classified ads if the seller checks off "Show zip code" in his user profile.

I'm not sure if we should make this on by default since alot of users may not be aware of it being off. I'd be happy to hear opinions from everyone here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:33 pm 

Indeed, I was not aware of this on/off choice. I would personally like to simply see it on as a default setting. Hopefully others will chime in on this.

Thanks for the feedback on this.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:33 pm 
Site Admin

I should mention that initially we did have it on by default, and had received some concern from users about privacy. I'm not opposed to making it default again but I think we need the buy in of sellers.