US Audio MartUS Audio Mart
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: FedEx woes
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:30 pm 

Well, so much for FedEx ever receiving my business again. Purchased a NAD preamp from Canuck Audio Mart shipped via FedEx, delivery date arrives but no package. Call FedEx and they said package had not reached the US yet due to weather, should receive it in a few days. Ok. End of the week arrives still no package so call back and they say "sorry, we don't know where it is right now". So an investigation has been opened to track it down and the waiting game continues. :x

Post subject: Re: FedEx woes
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:11 am 

I feel your pain =(

I'm not sure which is worse: FedEx, UPS or USPS, but they all seem to be great at losing things in my experience.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:44 am 

Well looks like it was a customs issue, so good to know it's not lost. Dealing with FedEx brokerage now to resolve the issue.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:05 pm 

Yeah the bad weather story sounds like a typical smokescreen; it's easier for them to say that your package has been delayed by inclement weather than to admit that it's been swallowed by a black hole aka customs.

Next time ask your CAM seller to provide you with a tracking number so that you can track the package online. But even then it won't prevent the package from temporarily 'disappearing' from the Fedex radar screen. It will reappear when your package is back in active transit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:04 am 

Really not sure why you would blame FedEx, seems like a pretty minor mistake, and anyone shipping across a border should at least be lightly cognizant that there is a chance it gets held up at the border. I mean, shipping companies have thousands and thousands of packages daily, of course there will be hiccups, maybe some misinformation, looks to me that they tracked it on the same day they said they would look into it, you should actually be grateful in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:29 pm 

Just have not made many purchases from Canada and this was the first experience with FedEx international. Several purchases shipped via Canada Post and UPS and those were smooth as butter with accurate tracking. With FedEx tracking was bogus, it showed it was in the US the day before it was supposed to arrive only to find out that was not the case at all. What is the point of providing tracking if it's not true?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:08 am 

Now that the shipment has entered the US I've received 4 different updates on delivery. Friday, Thursday, the following Monday, now Tuesday. So how could I possibly be grateful with that amount of misinformation?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:48 am 

Grateful to FedEx? What a joke; they are the biggest imbeciles in the package delivery service. You should feel grateful if you actually get your package from them at all, much less on time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:26 pm 

I used Fedex several years ago when I was forced to sell nearly $7000.00 worth of audio gear during a lengthy period of unemployment. Expecting the worst I over-packed everything to the max and it all arrived in good shape and on time so I can't complain too much.

Truth of the matter is that all of the shipping companies require you to roll the dice and take a leap of faith. For awhile I assumed that the Post Office might be the least likely of the Big 3 to drop and/or throw around heavy insured packages. That is until the guy who delivered my mail everyday advised me that such thinking was an incorrect assumption.

But as far as I know the PO is the only one that provides actual insurance; not sure about UPS but I know for a fact that Fedex does not sell or provide insurance. It says so verbatim very deep in the bowels of the Fedex website under 'Terms & Conditions'. So when they charge you $$$ for the Declared Value of the item that you're shipping, that amount is based on a percentage of the repair or replacement value of said item: the amount that you are providing to them. But it's not really insurance per se; it's more of a guideline.

If your item is damaged during transit, Fedex will determine whether any claim is valid based on how well the item was packed. And if an expensive piece of audio gear was not packed in its' original factory packaging, you can expect some push back from them...regardless of how well you think you may have packed it.

UPS, Fedex, USPS - no matter whom you use this should be your mantra: Pack everything like it still belongs to you and you're shipping it to yourself....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:18 pm 

I called today to ask why the arrival date keeps changing and which one was likely correct and the first person I talked to said the shipment was being sent back to the shipper in Canada! I had already been told it cleared customs so I knew that sounded incorrect so I asked to check again and the second person told me it is indeed on the way and not being sent back to the shipper. The misinformation keeps piling up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:38 pm 

Absolutely, f***** amazing!
As human beings, we have demonstrated the capacity to deploy a robotic space craft half-way across the solar system to the planet Mars - yet here on Earth - we can't seem to transport audio speakers weighing 35 lbs safely across the Canadian border.
We communicate everyday across the solar system with the Mars Rover- yet here on Earth, accurate communication with FED X continues to remain a pipe dream? GUESS WHAT? THAT MEANS SOMEONE IS NOT TRYING! - tell FEDX to get off their dead ass - as they can rest assured they'll never be asked to participate in the MARS Rover mission, much less transport audio speakers from Canada, ever again.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:45 am 

Well said sir.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:04 pm 

Package arrived after much delay, and thus my rant and dealings with fedex have ended.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:39 pm 

That’s it? After all this drama you’re not going to fill us in on the condition of the delivered package? Did it arrive intact and in one piece? Are you still waiting for the remote control to arrive separately? Does it look like customs opened the package to inspect for bomb materials and resealed it before delivery to you?

What a buzz kill. I’ve been on the edge of my seat breathlessly following this day-time drama and now just before the climatic ending the projector crashes and the film snaps . . .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:55 pm 

Saving those details for season 2 lol. Arrived intact, resealed with customs tape, all pieces in the box and the seller threw in a bonus hdmi cable, nice fellow. Roll end credits.