US Audio MartUS Audio Mart
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:21 pm 

Anyone have experience with Fluance speakers? I'm in the market for a set of not so expensive bookshelf
speakers( around $100 bucks or so. ) and ran across the Fluance review and seemed not to bad.Any input would be great.

Thanks again,

Ric

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:12 am 

Hi Ric,

Welcome! to the USAM forums.

New or used @ $100.00?

I have no experience with that brand but I'd be willing to bet that a pair of pre-owned PSB Alphas' or Pioneer SP-BS22s' (both somewhat less than $100.00 on the used market) would kick them to the curb. And although I've never heard the $100.00 bookshelf offering from Fluance, I think those Infinity Primus 150s' that you're selling would easily eclipse their performance as well. Why?

I have a pair of Primus 150s' and I can say without reservation that they are the absolute finest budget speakers that I've had the pleasure of owning; their magical midrange is unsurpassed in my experience at the $200.00 MSRP price-point. They benefit greatly from trickle-down technology from Revel and the results are palpable. In my estimation only the original NHT Super Zero could match the sweet uncolored midband of those Primus 150s' but the NHTs' had no mid-bass output whatsoever and that was a drawback that I could not overlook.

Here's a link to a forum thread on Canuck Audio Mart regarding the Fluance brand:

https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/v ... hp?t=26415

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:00 pm 

hifijones.........thank you for your tremendous input.

nice having you around!! thanks again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:24 pm 

well I did listen to my new friend HiFiJones but... that little guy in your head kept saying ....you gotta at least try them.( fluance sx6 ) if you don't like them just send them back.....So.....I received them yesterday.Hmmmm not a bad looking speaker,nice weight,but lets see,Fluance says break in period about 10 hrs.Ok 10 hrs it is.........well about 11 hrs later here's what I found......DUDE we we're both a little late at the gate!! These speakers are a PURE JOY! The high end is so very clear and precise,vocals are right there in your face,low end tight not punchy,i'm hearing things I never heard with previous speakers.( i'm on a budget don't forget)...With that said I can imagine what these are gonna sound like after many hrs of listening.For once that little guy in your head knew what he was talking about.Needless to say these aren't going anywhere. For what these are on sale for $79.95 pair I would never think that they would sound as good as they do.( we all associate price with quality )however NOT with these.I wonder what else this Fluance company has up its sleeve?I might just have to INQUIRE..........

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:18 am 

Hey glad everything worked out for you Ric. Sometimes that guy in your head is a genius.

Check your USAM Inbox; I sent you a PM.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:39 am 

Thanks my friend,put your recommendation to good use! :) PS.....listening to Diana Krall with the SX6.........HEAVEN.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:00 pm 

ricc2 wrote:
Thanks my friend,put your recommendation to good use! :) PS.....listening to Diana Krall with the SX6.........HEAVEN.

Which album? All For You is my favorite and imho her best.
Attachment:
MI0003682786.jpg
MI0003682786.jpg [ 39.35 KiB | Viewed 340 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:04 pm 

ON THE PLAYER AS WE SPEAK. :)