US Audio MartUS Audio Mart
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Spica servo sub
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:47 pm 

Hello, I have a question about a spica servo sub. I have one, yes just one and I am trying to get an idea on value. From the research I have done they seem to be in short supply and generaly respectedfor quality. I only have one and no other equipment of that type. How do ibfind the date, does it matter and whats a fare price for both. If it is rare and more sought after I would like it to go to someone who would really want it. Not just in need of a speaker. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Spica servo sub
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:12 am 
Premium User

Hey

Fair to say they are pretty uncommon at this point. Best advice on pricing is probably just consider who the target audience is... primarily folks with TC50s (although, while tailored for that, the high pass crossover is line level and could probably be used OK with SCs too). In any case, not expensive main speakers. I think original retail on the sub was $600. So, if you're not in a hurry you could go maybe $325 to start. If it was me, I'd probably put it out at $275-$295 and expect it lands somewhere between $225-$250.

Best,

Mark

Post subject: Re: Spica servo sub
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:44 am 

I've owned the angelus at on time, so I keep tabs and notice when I see Spicas go up,for sale. On my local Craigslist I've seen the complete system, Tc50, plus the pair of subs and stands listed for around $400. The ones I've seen sort of linger around until the right buyer is found. I'd say you may not have something worth as much as the prior response stated. Best of luck on your sale.