US Audio MartUS Audio Mart
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:27 pm 

I have a complete Sansui audio system, obviously Vintage but all are in good  working order.  System contains DD Turntable, Servo Stereo Amplifier, Dbl Cassette Deck, Synthesizer, Equalizer, CD Player, and the original Remote; all housed in a GX909 Audio Rack, including dbl glass doors.  I also have the 2 SV929 3-way tower speakers.  I am interested in getting a ballpark estimate of what the entire system is worth.  Can you help me?  Thank you for taking the time to respond.  Vivienne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:33 pm 

That sounds like one of the notorious "rack systems" that were the bane of the audio industry for several years back in the late seventies and eighties. If so, it really isn't worth much.

If you could post a few model numbers, (amp, cd player, cassette, ect.), I could tell you for sure. In addition, a couple of pics would work too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:32 am 

Thanks for responding so promptly...I will get all model numbers, as you suggested, and post them for you to review.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:12 pm 

Listed are the components model numbers for the Sansui system I have. Anything will help in giving me an approximate value for it. Thanks for your time. Vivienne

DD Turntable - Model P-L55
Servo Stereo Amp - Model A-1100
Double Cassette Deck - Model D-75BW
Synthesizer - Model T-700
Equalizer - Model RG-900R
CD Player - Model PCV-750

Cabinet - model GX909
Speakers - Model SV929U

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:15 pm 

Thanks for providing the model numbers. Just as I expected, this is the Sansui GX-909 Rack system, (the rack itself has that GX-909 tag on it, but it was the model number of the whole rack system.

These were produced to certain price points, so most of these systems were the cheapest, most plastic, most number of lights and gadgets you could produce for said dollar and the companies didn't give a rat's ass about sound quality. :twisted:

IMHO, the whole system might be worth $80-$100 dollars. You might find a high school or college kid that likes all the bells and whistles and think it's really cool and doesn't really care about sound quality. :shock:

Also, I might suggest selling each piece separately. Maybe $20 or so for each piece, (ask a higher price initially, then you can always reduce the amount). You'd probably double or triple your money. :D

This is how I would price them. The price range depends on if the item works and works correctly and cosmetic condition.

DD Turntable - Model P-L55 $40-$60
Servo Stereo Amp - Model A-1100 $40-$60
Double Cassette Deck - Model D-75BW $20-$25 (if you can even sell it)
Synthesizer - Model T-700 $40-$60
Equalizer - Model RG-900R $40-$60
CD Player - Model PCV-750 $20-$25 (if you can even sell it)

Cabinet - model GX909 $25-$40
Speakers - Model SV929U $60-$95

With these prices, you can always give a deal and still be ahead. Maybe, if they buy multiple items, give a better price.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:57 am 

I thank everyone/anyone who is looking at my inquiry...can anyone offer any other advice about this systems value?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:52 pm 

Since the value is quite nominal, if you have income that you want to offset, you might just donate it to Goodwill and take the deduction as opposed to having strangers come to your house (Craigslist) or attempting to box it all up and ship it (ebay). The guess of $80-$100 seems about right.

An alternative is to sell it on eBay as “pickup only” that will limit the market, but will get it sold quickly.

Good luck whatever your decision.