US Audio MartUS Audio Mart
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

The Cables forum is intended for those who believe cables make a difference in how their systems sound. If you do not believe in cables please do not post in any threads that are discussing specific cables or asking for help with cables, and limit your participation to threads where the OP intends to debate about cables. Posts which are argumentative, offensive, or break our rules may be deleted. Repeat offenders will be banned from posting in this forum.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:31 pm 

First things first: I do not have any connection with Phil Amadi, his business, and I receive nor have I received any compensation for what I am about to write.
With that out of the way, I want to alert anyone looking for interconnects and not knowing where to spend their hard earned dollars to really give Phil Amadi's interconnects a try. Phil offers a money back guarantee but I am willing to bet he rarely gives any one money back, and not because he is not a man of his word but rather no one wants to return his cables.
I know that the area of cables / wire is a highly contentious subject and if you want to argue here that " wire is wire" and so on, please don't. I started this to let people who actually believe as I do, that cable / wire does make a difference. Start your own forum and argue your points there please.
That said, I have been in the high end since 1990. I have spent more than I care to think about on cables, and I have purchased from almost all the companies you care to name, and not just their entry level cables either. I have always thought I was missing that final piece until I tried Phil Amadi's interconnects. These are made from silver of his own design, according to him. This not silver cable like in days past where words like "hard" or "etched" come into play. Oh no. Whatever Phil does is audio magic. I am using both his Phil Reference and Maddie Signature with gold connections and I am astounded, smiling, giddy, and just pleased with what I hear. And I hear detail as I have never heard it before, a wide and deep soundstage, amazing clarity, solid bass but delightful highs as well. I am hearing as close to the real thing as one could imagine from a home audio two channel system.
I know have been wordy here. I apologize, but really, I do not post just for the sake of posting. I want others to look at what Mr. Amadi has to offer for it is sheer heaven and perhaps just that final piece that you too might be looking for, just as I was.
Thank you for your time...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:37 am 

I've stated this many, many times: "it's too bad that cables are so system dependent."

Glad you found something that works for you.

I have quite a few years on you, if you started in 1990, and having been in the high-end audio business forever, I have heard pretty much everything out there.

IMHO, the Grover Huffman cables are wonderful. Just a regular dude with a patent on his design and a cable that is superb for next to nothing.

So, I guess everyone has their favorite...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:44 am 

can you provide a link to his website ?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:32 am 

I enjoy reading about audiophiles experiences with cabling.My bottom line,I believe in what my ears say not hearsay.If I can't hear an improvement in my system then back they go.That said,I just ordered a set of Mad Scientist interconnects that use carbon fiber for energy transfer.Mad Scientist is based in New Zealand.They make good wine so why not cables.The purchase was made on a recommendation from an audio buddy whose opinions are gold.I will post my impressions on this forum.Stay tuned and thanx for the tip on Phil Amadi.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:22 am 

riley804 wrote:
can you provide a link to his website ?

http://www.groverhuffman.com/home

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:38 am 

Was referring to the OP

but thanks for the other one.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:36 pm 

riley804 wrote:
Was referring to the OP

All I could find on the OP's choice were a few ads on Audiogon. I don't think there is a website?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:52 pm 

I searched this morning for a bit and found threads....but no websites.

still waiting for OP to reply....

I did happen to find an expired listing on the Gon....and for the Amadi Maddie Signature , 1 meter $1800, not sure what he sold them for?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:42 pm 

Sorry I have been MIA. Mr. Amadi has no website I am sorry to report. From what I have seen/read, his sales are from listings on Audiogon, and reviews of his cables are from postings. I do know from experience that if you email Philip he responds rather quickly. If you call him, he will also make recommendations to you as to what he believes would be his best cables for your system. As mentioned, he also provides a money back guarantee.
As another gentleman stated, yes, cables are so system dependent. For whatever reason, mine seems to like silver. I use a combination of tubes (preamp) with a solid state amp, as well as a pair of tubed monoblocks. I have used Wywire, WireWorld, AudioQuest, Analysis Plus (their silver speaker cable also), Nordost (Leif Series), Morrow Audio, Cardas, Anti-cable and no doubt some I have forgot and for me, the Amadi Interconnects seem to do wonders. As always, it can be system dependent but with a money back guarantee, it won't hurt to try.
Sorry it took me so long to reply...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:46 pm 

Quickly, $1800 for a one meter pair of Maddie Signatures seems rather expensive. I just bought a one meter pair of Maddie Signatures with locking RCA's for $400 plus shipping. Not sure why the $1800 price for as I said, that seems rather steep. Call Philip to ask him prices.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:15 am 

$1800 a meter.A fool and his money are soon partying.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:19 pm 

$400 isnt a bad price for cables at all.

no website.....but do you have a number ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:35 pm 

Hi,
I am in the process of raising and training a 13 week old Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy so the only free time I seem to have is late at night, and hence the late replies.
That said, Philip's phone is as follows, as is his email address:
973-855-6223
ama7gr@yahoo.com

He is a nice man, and to me, not at all greedy. Wherever that $1800 price came from is beyond me. His Phil Reference, which is an excellent cable, costs about $240 and that is with the new KLE "Bullet" RCA's.
Good luck, and keep me posted!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:36 am 

found some used on the Gon

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/inter ... -16-cables

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:32 pm 

A very nice price for those though at 2 feet will those work for you? I got a 2.5 foot pair for just a tad more with the KLE RCA's...