US Audio MartUS Audio Mart
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of USAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:04 pm 

I recently had a negative buying experience with a seller who sold an item that was absolutely, without question "not as described" to the point that it needs to have parts replaced (two IEC male jack inlets). He failed to mention this issue in the ad and rated the item an 8/10 (as it turns out an 8/10 solely on cosmetics) when clearly it should be a 5/6 out of 10 as functionality/operationally is concerned. When questioned about this more than obvious issue/omission, he stated that this is how he received it! But he obviously failed to even think this is pertinent information (or more probably purposely choose) for the next fool (me) who most certainly would have passed on this item if knowing in advance that it is in need of repair (or I would have offered more than $100.00 less to cover for the parts and labor to make it presentable/functional)

The issue here is I have gotten zerowhere with this seller. He told me to resell it here (right, so I can get slammed with negative feedback!) although I would be forthright as always and divulge any issues/imperfections/repairs. There is a whole lot more irrationality involved in his communications however I am going to post those head shakers in his negative feedback. If I leave him negative feedback, does he have the ability to leave me negative feedback based in a retaliatory manner just because I left him well deserved negative feedback first???

Thanx for any and all input my fellow A'martyrs, Jeff

Last edited by MOONCRIKIT on Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:18 pm 

MOONCRIKIT wrote:
I recently had a negative buying experience with a seller who sold an item that was absolutely, without question "not as described" to the point that it needs to have parts replaced (two IEC male jack inlets). He failed to mention this issue in the ad and rated the item an 8/10 (as it turns out an 8/10 solely on cosmetics) when clearly it should be a 5/6 out of 10 as functionality/operationally is concerned. When questioned about this more than obvious issue/omission, he stated that this is how he received it! But he obviously failed to even think this is pertinent information (or more probably purposely choose) for the next fool (me) who, in most certainly would have passed on this item if knowing it is in need of repair (or I would have offered more than half less $$$ for the parts and labor to make it presentable/useful)

The issue here is I have gotten zerowhere with this seller. He told me to resell it here (so I can get slammed with negative feedback) although I would be forthright as always and divulge any issues/imperfections. There is a lot more irrationality involved in his communications however I am going to post those head shakers in his negative feedback. If I leave him negative feedback, does he have the ability to retaliate and leave me negative feedback just because I left him negative feedback first???

Thanx for any and all input my fellow A'martyrs, Jeff

Buyers and sellers can both leave negative or positive feedback no matter who goes first or whether the feedback is good or bad.

I do believe you can reply to a negative posting to state your side of the issue, but so can the other party.

What are the feedback rules?
Please observe the following rules when leaving feedback. If you do not follow these rules your feedback may be DELETED!:

Only leave feedback in the ad that relates to your buy/sell/trade.
Only leave feedback for a deal where items/money have exchanged hands.
Do NOT leave feedback if a deal fails to go through
DO leave feedback if items are not as described
DO leave feedback if you never received your item or money in an exchange!
Do not swear or use strong language in feedback.
Do NOT leave phone numbers, home addresses, and other personal information of the user. Please leave this information as confidential.
Do NOT use feedback to warn users about OTHER exchanges you may have had with the user. Report those in our Negative feedback forum instead.
Do leave feedback anytime before 60 days since the expiration of the ad. Any feedback from either party left after 60 will be discarded.
If you suspect this person of fraud due to his emails or ads, report either his ads, or one of his replies, or post in our fraud forum.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:13 pm 

The buyer’s obligation in a sale is simply to pay the agreed upon amount in a timely fashion and to have a reasonable expectation of the condition of the gear based on the photographs, description and numerical rating supplied by the seller. I don’t imagine that the moderators would allow any retaliatory negative feedback for you to stand if your end of the transaction conformed to the criteria above.

On the other hand, if you fail to leave negative feedback because of some fear of retaliation, then you weaken the whole community and compromise the integrity of the feedback system. The bounder will just go on to screw other members. Your response is tied to your moral compass, IMHO.

Finally, if you paid by PayPal, they will refund your money in a dispute of this nature based on the emails that you have.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:00 pm 

Confirm,the moderators do not allow retaliatory negative feedback.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:54 pm 

incorrect..i left a perfectly justifiable negative on a seller..he immediately left negative feedback ....usually,as soon as u leave a negative,u get a negative.... the moderator asked me why i didnt just take seller up on offer of returning the unit...why..because based on his no solution responses..i know from previous ebay return experiences,a seller with no integrity will "stage" faulty returns and worse.... i took my loss and let the next buyer know exactly what he is getting...the bottom line,over all i have had 95/100 positive experiences in buying and selling..the 5 percent is sour and horrible..but,buying and selling with the public or even a pro..you can deal with people who have zero integrity...i have 20 plus years perfect feedback on ebay.i learned a simple concept along time ago..when i sell something..alwayssss be able to take a return no matter what...when buying....know there is some major risk involved... my brief experience on usa has been very very good overall...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:47 am 

Markwatkiss wrote:

can the moderators confirm that they do not allow retaliatory negative feedback?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:12 am 

Would be good if the accused had a name, others may benefit from knowing who they are dealing with. As far as faulty
returns that is super sleazy, but if you let these scum$%^S get away without a fight you embolden them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:29 am 

well..on ebay..even when they deployed staged faulty returns.....they cant win ; ebay/paypal 100 percent guaranteed refund...but,i dont even deal with returns anymore on usam and audiogon..if i get screwed..i fix/repair and deal with my loss..i cant stand one second of negative energy and i accept the 5 percent risk on my purchases of dealing with thieves..look at my feedback here on this site..i love music and stereo equipment as much as anyone has ever had an extreme passion such as this....i will not let a buyer of my stuff get anytrhing but exactly what they want AND have it shipped bulletproof..how many times have i bought a beautiful glass face plate mcintosh receiver,only to have the 100 percent feedback seller on ebay,ship it in peanuts! with no protection..many many times..the idea is to treat everyone exactly as i would want..i just received a first watt amplifier shipped perfectly by a fellow audiophile..as i said 95/5 percent rule..95 awesome 5 percent BAD.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:56 pm 

The mods confirm it.

MOONCRIKIT wrote:
Markwatkiss wrote:

can the moderators confirm that they do not allow retaliatory negative feedback?

However a little context is necessary. Since you will be asking CAM Staff to judge the accuracy of feedback, you will have to supply all the pertinent information. This means email threads, photos, timelines... all you can provide.

Get in touch at moderators@canuckaudiomart.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:15 am 
Site Admin

All feedback complaints, including "Retaliatory feedback" are judged on a case by case basis, and removed at the discretion of moderators if it seems the feedback is unwarranted, or inaccurate.

I should clarify that in some cases, both parties share some blame and the negative feedback is justified.

We always recommend that users resort to diplomacy first to handle disputes, and if that fails, leave feedback that focuses on facts, and avoid opinions, personal attacks or any other comments of similar nature. Especially when leaving negative feedback, try to remain impartial and use neutral language. It helps to give yourself some time to cool down before starting to write your feedback.

Inflammatory feedback, even if justified, may be removed.