US Audio MartUS Audio Mart
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:40 pm 

Tekton Double Impact Advice,
Recently purchased a set of these and not having good results so far.
Tried a couple different amps/Threshold T200 and an Aragon.
So far just not getting what the hype was about

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:10 am 

soundsgood05 wrote:
Tekton Double Impact Advice,
Recently purchased a set of these and not having good results so far.
Tried a couple different amps/Threshold T200 and an Aragon.
So far just not getting what the hype was about

Maybe it's just "hype"? Speakers are really personal and everyone is looking for a particular sound.

I do know that those speakers take 300-500 hours to break-in and from what I've read, it makes a huge difference.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:17 am 

hi,i own the double impacts and his enzo xl's and lore reference. you are the first person ive ever heard say not liking the double impacts.. could be you just dont like there sound and there not for you..they match well with just about any amp on planet...from my 6 watt set up to a pass labs top of the line solid state....fresh out of the box they will sound ok..100-150hrs later they will simply be astounding..i have multiple friends who traded in the 12k or more speakers for the dble impacts..we cant all be crazy...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:32 am 

sharethemusic wrote:
you are the first person ive ever heard say not liking the double impacts.

Really? There has been a couple of threads on Audiogon that sure had some haters. Again, not everyone will like a particular piece of gear, (especially speakers). Just the way it is...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:47 pm 

yes.in my experience with people ive had direct relationships ..ive never heard anything other than best speaker dollar for dollar ever produced...and,yes on blogs there will be many haters of all things..a lot of people dont like this or that about his product(cones used etc)..nothing matters but the sound....and in my personal experience of over 45years in audio(owned dalquists,legacy,yamaha ns-1000,altec lansing towers and more) nothing has sounded better..not even close...in addition his 750 dollar lore reference i have upstairs i will take over any pair of speakers in world under 1000..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:37 pm 

thanks for tips,
didn't realize the break in period was that long,however is that
a relation of ones ears tuning to the speakers.I came from using PSB Synchrony Ones
which is a cost no object reference speaker.I do notice improvement after playing time.
wish they came broken in.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:24 pm 

Never really owned brand new speakers,but i can definately perceive that they sounding better.
i only have 40 hours on them,but hear improvements as I go along

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:56 pm 

I bought a pair of Mlores on the used market and tried every way I could think of to get them to sound good. Gave up after a month and resold them. No matter what I did I couldn't get them to image like well, and imaging is very important to me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:30 pm 

Just judging by sound alone Offcourse,after 6 months of owning the DI speaker,I found that they certainly didn’t better my previous speakers,maybe in bass Impact only.I had the Jantzen Valentina esl hybrids that I wish I would’ve kept.Anyhow I went the other direction and bought a used pair of Silverline Bolero Supremes and a demo pair of like new Lawrence Audio Double Bass Speakers and couldn’t be happier,either one sounds much better to me and neither is so fussy in placement.

The DI speaker is good for the money but certainly was’nt better in sound to what I have now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:31 pm 

well at least its good to hear that a $29,000.. pair of speakers is better than the $3000.00 di's..and your $15,000 boleros's too... its not often that you hear it..thats how good a 3k double impact is....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:00 pm 

Not sure how i feel about starting this thread.
My latest update is i played a SADE DVD Coming Home and i was totally
shocked how good it sounded.Literally my jaw dropped.i guess that means i gotta upgrade
my cd/dac chain.These TEKTONS can reveal how inadeqiute your upstream source stuff really is.
having never owned a fresh pair of speakers i didn't know about 100s of hours break in.
Can't wait till these Double Impact have a few hundred hours logged in.Guess I'll be looking for
some new digital source equip.Really like the DIs.it was a rocky road,but one worth travelling.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:04 pm 

I couldn't compare 29k speakers because I never had that kind of disposable income.
39k would be a years pay,so its nice that i can even have that good a taste of repro for
blue collar pay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:23 pm 

u should hear how they sound with a nottingham analogue hyperspace with a kiseki purple heart cart..... the most alive ,natural, real sound ...with a top line analog front...ul hear the double impacts in full glory... my phono stage is a tavish design adagio...the di's give u what u put into it...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:49 pm 

i have a slate plinth L75 with a Graham and dyna xx1 or something like that.Kinda not been
into vinyl lately but its not cause anathing else but being lazy.Been digging on this SADE DVD,
Bring me home thing,thats the title.Its very refreshing to hear real talent and musicians who are not promoting ,triangles and wierd things ,OCCULTIC CRAP
luciferian stuff,or that whole agenda of lucifer ****.I got through the whole video and it was nice things,things that improve the human condition but not new age,just jazz and fusion and uplifting stuff.
No Katy Perry satanic ritual stuff or pedavore stuff.Pop music is too Occultic for me these days.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:06 am 

have to agree with "sharethemusic" fella,its garbage in garbage out thing.
BTW folks used to be that 3k was alot for speakers.from a manufacturing perspective look what goes
into a speaker vs what goes into a Harley motorcycle.