US Audio MartUS Audio Mart
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:34 pm 

I bought a pair of AG Ref3.5, an AG reference AV centre and a pair of Reference AV Surround 3 years ago. I matched them with a Sherbourn PT 7030 Pre/Pro 7-channel and an Emotiva XPA5 Gen 2 (200wx5). I needed a 2-channel for the front speakers. Since I was never too impressed (after Can$15,000) with the 5-way, especially the Ref3.5 I sorta lost steam in finishing my system. Recently I heard the Ref3.5's need a lot of power. Anthony Gallo demo them with Spectron lll Mkll (600w a side) without the Sub Amp (optional for Ref3.5). This time around I am gonna be cautious with my purchase. I found a Used Spectron ll for US1250, I can deal with that. Are upgrades necessary? With the Musican lll Mk ll for US2000-2500, Fright and exchange be Can$4000. what if I am still not happy? $20,000 for nothing?
I walked away from 400LPs when CD came out. I thought this time I would try digital. Lossless format supposed to have the most info. So I started buying FLAC and running them off my regular laptop (problem?) Anyhow, is Can$2000 possible? Am I on the right track with amp and speakers? spectron vs sub amp? Lossless format from a $800 laptop? Pls comment. I used to be quite knowledgeable 40 years ago. I don't even know how to hook things up now lol. So any comment will be valuable. Thank you in advance.