US Audio MartUS Audio Mart
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:52 pm 

Hi all. I am in the process of listing these items but I figured I'd ask the experts.

My sister bought a house that came with a lot that had a trailer on it. The family in the house and the family in the trailer where like, grandma and grandson and his girl and kids. They had some kind of falling out after the grandma died, and his siblings kicked him out of the trailer. His items and belongings were all over the place. Appliciances, food still in the cupboards, etc. Amongst them were 4 vintage Pioneer and Kenwood things. I don't know much about them, so I was hoping someone could tell me what they are, exactly, and how much they are worth. They're all in beautiful condition cosmetically, and I have a feeling the all work just fine too, but I have no way to check them myself (or else I would).

Any help is wonderful. :)

So, I have a Pioneer GR-860..
Then there's a silver-faced Pioneer SA-600.
Then I have a black Pioneer TX-1060..

The last is a silver-faced Kenwood KA-8006.

I am more than willing to take pictures of course, but some guidance on these things would be great.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:19 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

I just had a quick look through my Orion Bluebook. The PIoneer stuff was pretty much "entry level" gear and you could likely walk away from that and not feel bad.
The Kenwood may have some merit. It was a $440 piece back in '74 through '77. 70wpc. Might be worth putting some time and effort into that one.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:35 pm 

revjac wrote:
I just had a quick look through my Orion Bluebook. The PIoneer stuff was pretty much "entry level" gear and you could likely walk away from that and not feel bad.
The Kenwood may have some merit. It was a $440 piece back in '74 through '77. 70wpc. Might be worth putting some time and effort into that one.

Well, I'm not going to be walking away from any of it- I'll just lump the Pioneer stuff into one lot and sell it on ebay for whatever I can get for it.

As far as the Kenwood, what do you mean, putting time and effort into it?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:23 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Check it out, do the clean-up (pots and switches and such) check the output bias perhaps, a bit of a spit 'n clean polish and hook it up and enjoy it!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:01 pm 
Premium User

Here is a link for you to check out- it was worth upgrading for this individual:
http://hudsonvalleyhifi.com/archives/754

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:09 pm 

My feelings are as follows: If the Pioneer equipment is of its ELITE line. You have very good receivers. As far as Kenwood goes I walk away from anything Kenwood makes. Its acceptable equipment for the average home owner but not of higher quality. I'm sure that some would disagree with me but as an audio equipment dealer I personally don't buy or sell Kenwood and I actively buy and sell Pioneer Elite gear. If it doesn't say elite I don't bother with it. It comes down to what you wish to spend and your ear for sound. You want to know what the equipment is worth? Look it up on Ebay and see what its selling for. (not what their asking for it) research the bids and history of sold equipment. This simple research should give you a good idea of what you have inherited.