Hello from Canada..
Guys there are scammers on every single site whether it be Ebay audiogon US audio Mart, craigslist etc...
We have been using Canuck Audio Mart in Canada for many years and the good guys and active members keep pretty close tabs on the suspicious emails, ads etc..
- Canuck Audio is a Solid site but as any site there are bad people out there trying to take our hardly W.A.F approved gear away.. ( possibly some of these scammers are un happy ex wifes that were not so thrilled with our choice of addictions )
Lots of ways to avoid the scammers.
- If your buying a piece ask them simple questions like
- What are you running for cables , pre amp or whatever but if there lingo isnt right or you just have a gut feeling get them to write your email address and date down on piece of paper and put in front of piece in question..
- Ask them for feedback somewhere , audiogon ebay .. Most have some some where and than if they do send them a message through that avenue and get them to reply.. Pretty easy way to confirm they are not faking someone elses feedback.
- Dont accept cashiers check and make sure you have the cash in hand before shipping.
- If shipping and they used Paypal make sure you send it track able cause if they are scammer will say they never received and they automatically win the paypal case. ( yes paypal does suck!
I could think of others but its snowing again lol and need to shovel the driveway before wife wakes up lol Night!!