US Audio MartUS Audio Mart
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:11 pm 

I think your site needs serious professional help
I joined and tried to post an ad=it kept changing my answers-wouldnt accept my photo-and gave me a nonsensical message about the asking price not being a number :(

finally got an ad in BUT still wont accept a jpeg image!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
everytime a MIstake is made or a field is wrong or not filled in your website wont update and you have to start all over

ive posted ads on craigsalist and ebay with NO problems which leads me to believe your website could use an expert to debug these issues
it shouldnt take a computer geek to post an ad-MAKE IT USER FREINDLY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:13 pm 

billsbest wrote:
finally got an ad in BUT still wont accept a jpeg image!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a maximum size for the jPEG image uploaded.

When editing your picture - go to [save as] and then save it at 25% - then try uploading the jPEG.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:10 pm 

If you cannot type numbers in the asking price window properly, fail to add a description, or upload photos larger than the site's clearly defined preset maximums, what more could be expected?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:16 pm 

billsbest wrote:
I think your site needs serious professional help
I joined and tried to post an ad=it kept changing my answers-wouldnt accept my photo-and gave me a nonsensical message about the asking price not being a number :(

everytime a MIstake is made or a field is wrong or not filled in your website wont update and you have to start all over

ive posted ads on craigsalist and ebay with NO problems which leads me to believe your website could use an expert to debug these issues
it shouldnt take a computer geek to post an ad-MAKE IT USER FREINDLY

it seems you have difficulty typing out a message post...perhaps the website is not entirely to blame??/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

Hi billsbest -

Could you help me out so we can make the site easier to use?

I want to address each of your concerns:

Quote:
tried to post an ad=it kept changing my answers ...and you have to start all over

Could you tell me which fields it kept trying to change on you? When you enter invalid information, the worse case situation is that the page refreshes with all your information intact. You shouldn't lose anything or have it changed on you. If you can tell me which fields do this we can debug and fix them.

Quote:
gave me a nonsensical message about the asking price not being a number

Could you tell me what you entered into the asking price field to trigger the error? We can look into fixing this bug. Did it have the $ in the field? Maybe that triggers the error?

Quote:
finally got an ad in BUT still wont accept a jpeg image

Could you tell me what error message it said when it wouldn't let you upload the image? It gives you an error message that might talk about file size, dimensions, or perhaps another error.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:42 pm 

Sounds like a PEBCAK error.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:55 pm 

Hi
I live in the uk and would like to put a wanted ad on your site, is this possible ?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:40 pm 

No. Sorry mate..
Not my call.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:48 am 

I have a question about the ... back arrow. very upper/top left side/corner. ONLY on CAM does my back arrow not work properly ( on US audio mart screen, works perfectly. One click and screen goes to previous. ) I have to hit or press it 15 times before it activates and actually goes to the previous screen. Any other site its one click and bang the screen goes back. Any way to fix this? Very sure its not my computor as it works fine every where else.. Thanks and great site...D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:30 am 
Site Admin

derrickengineer wrote:
I have a question about the ... back arrow. very upper/top left side/corner. ONLY on CAM does my back arrow not work properly ( on US audio mart screen, works perfectly. One click and screen goes to previous. ) I have to hit or press it 15 times before it activates and actually goes to the previous screen. Any other site its one click and bang the screen goes back. Any way to fix this? Very sure its not my computor as it works fine every where else.. Thanks and great site...D

This is a known issue in IE7, IE8, and IE9 with relation to sites that use certain Google features. Unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't seem inclined to fix this bug. If the back button functionality is important to you, we suggest you use a modern browser. None of the other major browsers have this bug, which includes Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera.

I'm hoping IE10 will solve the issue, but so far we have no confirmation of that, and if you are running Windows XP there will not be any upgrades to IE10 for you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:26 am 

I think that people who start conversations with negativity like the OP really shouldn't get patronized with any dignified responses. Instead of just ranting and raving about problems the user is having, it would be more constructive to actually state the problems in a civil, constructive, dignified, and respectful way. I have no idea whether IE has specific problems as indicated by the other responder, but I can say that Firefox has no problems of which I am aware and I use a very old version of Firefox. I use Firefox 4 and, up until a few weeks ago, was using Firefox 3 and had no issues with this website with either versions. If you have a legitimate concern you should at least be respectful enough to post in a civilized manner.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:44 am 

I really don t like that US audio mart has Canadian adds on it. I click on United states to se the US adds...not the already seen Canadian adds reposted again...yeeaashh.. If I want to see Canadian adds...I'll go to Canada ..on this site...If I want US adds I'll click US...Why have it seperate if the posters aren"t going to keep it seperate..Next thing all US adds will be on CAM and all Canadian adds on USAM..go figure..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:11 pm 

derrickengineer wrote:
I really don t like that US audio mart has Canadian adds on it. I click on United states to se the US adds...not the already seen Canadian adds reposted again...yeeaashh.. If I want to see Canadian adds...I'll go to Canada ..on this site...If I want US adds I'll click US...Why have it seperate if the posters aren"t going to keep it seperate..Next thing all US adds will be on CAM and all Canadian adds on USAM..go figure..

You have the option of including or not including Canadian ads on the USAM site - same thing on the CAM site.. All you need to is uncheck the box that says "include ads from Canada" - look for "Recent Classifieds" on the main page and then just look to the right side of the page.
TaDa - no more Canuck ads.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:19 pm 
Site Admin

In addition to what High Fidelity Cables said, the individual sites actually start off only showing content from the respective country. You have to explicitly turn on the display of other ads - this is an intentional thing on our part so that you get the most relevant experience right off the bat.

If you are seeing a different behaviour (eg the first time you ever arrived here at USAM you saw Canadian ads) please let us know and we will investigate.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:44 pm 

High Fidelity Cables wrote:
derrickengineer wrote:

You have the option of including or not including Canadian ads on the USAM site - same thing on the CAM site.. All you need to is uncheck the box that says "include ads from Canada" - look for "Recent Classifieds" on the main page and then just look to the right side of the page.
TaDa - no more Canuck ads.

That was a quick fix. Thank you very much. Appreciated. Derrick.