Hello and Happy New Year everyone.
We wanted to share with you the exciting milestones we've reached since launching 7 months ago, and share the amazing growth we've seen even in the past few months. This is also our chance to thank everyone for their support and to ask that you continue to help grow the site. If you don't know how, check lower down in this post!AudioMart is growing, and growing FAST
AudioMart has been growing in the double digits every month since inception in June 2012. In November we exploded with 31% growth, and in December we broke traffic records literally every few days, culminating in 50% more listings in the month of December than every other month.
In the first 7 months of operation, USAM has achieved the same growth that it took CanuckAudioMart over 2 years to attain. And even more astonishing is what we saw in the New Year. On New Year Day, we broke an all-time record for traffic, and then we broke it again the next day! In fact, the first 4 days of 2013 have seen us grow 37% compared to the same time a month ago. Yes, a growth of 37% in a single month! These first 4 days in 2013 have seen 90% more traffic and listings on AudioMart than the same 4 days only 3 months ago. This type of growth is both staggering and humbling: we are so greatful for the support and faith from everyone using the site, and we hope to keep growing at this blistering rate for a while longer.
Our new goal, is to triple our current traffic before year end and to at least double again by 2014. This is a very ambitious target, but it might seem slow compared to our past few months of growth.AudioMart needs your help
We're here to serve the community, but we also need the community to help make us become bigger and better. Here are a few simple things you can do to help:
- Upload images of your gear and listening room to your gallery. We have a great collection in our gallery currently and adding yours to it will bring more people into the community. Don't forget to add captions to the images too!
- Word of mouth is the single most powerful way to help spread the word. If you and your friends currently rely on ebay, Agon, or other sites, tell them about USAM, and tell them we're growing FAST. Its our firm belief we will become the #2 most useful hifi exchange site in the US in very little time, and if you help us we can definitely achieve that goal even faster.
- List your items with us, and check daily for things being listed. If you lurk in audio forums, blogs, and other sites, don't be shy to let them know you are listing on USAM.
- By that same token, if people ask about USAM or if sites are talking about alternatives to other audio sites, please let them know about us. The humbling reality is that only a tiny fraction of users even know we exist. We need to get the word out!
- Keep and eye on the WANT ads and if you have any tips for those users, please let them know. We have a lot of activity on CAM where members of the community often tip WANT ad posters as to other classifieds (even on other sites) which are suitable for their listing.
- We heard that Agon is charging money for WANT ads, why not list those with us instead?
- If you frequent any dealers, let them know about us, and encourage them to join. All dealers can use USAM free of charge right now and for the forseeable future.