US Audio MartUS Audio Mart
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Only paying dealers and advertisers may post here. Please only post using your MAIN official dealer account, other posts will be deleted without warning.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:09 am 
Premium User

Finding rare and special Oracle turntables in need of TLC, fixing them up and making them available to others is my hobby; you might call it my passion. I am an Oracle authorized reseller and can source any Oracle parts or components as well.

Do you need a new motor for that Delphi Mk II or Mk III or a replacement power supply, or a belt or suspension part or arm-board? How about a replacement motor for your Oracle Delphi A/C? Yep, I got those too!

I also have Oracle Maintenance Kits in stock, both with and without springs.

I also repair/rebuild/rewire tonearms (got an SME, Well Tempered, Rega, Origin Live or Thorens that needs help?), refurbish/repair Thorens & Garrard turntables (got a TD125 or TD124 in need of some help? I can rebuild your Garrard 301 and your TD124 too.), and lots of other brands.

I also make cables to order, using premium wire and connectors, have a stash of other kinds of turntables and tonearms (watch my posts, I put them up for sale once they've been restored), and tons more cool stuff.

Inquiries are welcome.

I've been a turntable technician since 1975, though the formerly full time job is now a hobby / sideline. Whereas services and parts are [generally] for a nominal [and what I consider to be reasonable] fee, advice is free. Just let me know how I can help!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:03 am 

Dear Sir,

My Oracle Delphi 2 main bearing axe is very worn at the bearing end.
I really need a new bearing and I think the bearing sleeves also would be best to have as a set,
Oracle cannot help and the main problem is releasing the bearing from the platter.

Do you have any suggestions to get to a cheap fix as I think replacing the whole platter is rediculous.

Greetings and hope to hear from you.

Mario G Rouwenhorst
Netherlands

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:47 pm 

Hi, great to find your post. I have the original Oracle AC and am looking for two items: 1.) a blank armboard (the 1/4" thick version) or one drilled for a Rega 300 and; 2.) the associated mounting hardware (bolts, washers, etc.). I look forward to hearing from you. Take care and have a great holiday season.

Grant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:12 pm 
Premium User

Hi.

It sounds like you mean the shaft, rather than the bearing, and I believe you mean the ball bearing at the bottom of the shaft is worn? Would you be able to provide a picture of the problem?

Oracle manufactures their platters in a 2 step process, which includes pressing the shaft into the platter using an 18 ton press. The shafts are not replaceable, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:19 pm 

Hi, I need a new motor for my Oracle Delphi II , please
let me know the cost of the new motor along, thank you very much.

Best regards
Cameo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:58 pm 

Hello, just curious, are the oracle products the ONLY TT you work on?? I have a technics SL-10 i bought new that could use a good going through... it has always worked great , but has been in storage for many years...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:53 am 

hyendaudio wrote:
Finding rare and special Oracle turntables in need of TLC, fixing them up and making them available to others is my hobby; you might call it my passion. I am an Oracle authorized reseller and can source any Oracle parts or components as well.

Do you need a new motor for that Delphi Mk II or Mk III or a replacement power supply, or a belt or suspension part or arm-board? How about a replacement motor for your Oracle Delphi A/C? Yep, I got those too!

I also have Oracle Maintenance Kits in stock, both with and without springs.

I also repair/rebuild/rewire tonearms (got an SME, Well Tempered, Rega, Origin Live or Thorens that needs help?), refurbish/repair Thorens & Garrard turntables (got a TD125 or TD124 in need of some help? I can rebuild your Garrard 301 and your TD124 too.), and lots of other brands.

I also make cables to order, using premium wire and connectors, have a stash of other kinds of turntables and tonearms (watch my posts, I put them up for sale once they've been restored), and tons more cool stuff.

Inquiries are welcome.

I've been a turntable technician since 1975, though the formerly full time job is now a hobby / sideline. Whereas services and parts are [generally] for a nominal [and what I consider to be reasonable] fee, advice is free. Just let me know how I can help!

Hi, I am very interested in speaking with you. I am a long time oracle owner and would like to check on a few things with you. May i contact you by phone? Cheers, Glen 519 948 4364

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:45 pm 

I came upon this old post and wonder if you still have maintenance kits for Oracles and/or do re-wiring for SME tonearms?

Thank,
Scott

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:11 pm 
Premium User

Hi All

I'm not sure why I haven't been receiving notifications when someone posts replies to this forum and I have not been checking back frequently for updates. As such, I've not been timely in responding to the queries from other members. Please accept my apologies for this!

I have PM'd everyone who has posted to date.

I am now making a concerted effort to check in at least several times per week. In the meantime, I can be reached directly via email at hyendaudio@gmail.com.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:12 am 
Premium User

Several successful rebuilds later and I'm still REALLY enjoying refurbishing and putting these drop dead gorgeous turntables into the hands of appreciative owners.

I have another Delphi I on the bench now, in the midst of a full refurb for a wonderful gentleman who is a Vietnam vet and former Air Force pilot. Polishing the brightwork has been especially satisfying; the metal work has buffed up to a beautiful sheen, and upgrading the record clamp and armboard will add a nice finishing touch to this gem.

I will be publishing pictures of some of my work on my website soon.

Stay tuned for updates!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:17 am 
Premium User

8 fun hours later, here are pictures of the fully refurbished Delphi I.

Parts and labor breakdown:
1. Oracle Maintenance Kit, Installed and Suspension Calibrated
2. Oracle Armboard for Rega
3. Rega RB303, Installed and Aligned
4. Ortofon MC 3 Turbo, Installed and Aligned
5. Cleaned and Polished All Metal Work
6. Cleaned and Polished Plinth (numerous scratches polished out)
7. Cleaned and Polished Motor Pulley
8. Cleaned and Rebuilt Bearing (it was also leaking so I installed a gasket)
9. I Gave the Owner a Project and Instructions - He Polished His Own Dustcover (did a very nice job removing all but the worst scratches!)

In my 18 years of rebuilding Delphi's, this is the first one I have seen of this vintage with all of the lights working, so I DIDN'T touch them :D

Some pix...
Attachment:
Delphi-housingbefore.JPG
Delphi-housingbefore.JPG [ 285.76 KiB | Viewed 7045 times ]
Attachment:
Delphi-housings-after.JPG
Delphi-housings-after.JPG [ 357.33 KiB | Viewed 7045 times ]
Attachment:
Delphi-tower-cover-b4+after2.JPG
Delphi-tower-cover-b4+after2.JPG [ 339.37 KiB | Viewed 7045 times ]
Attachment:
Delphi-tower-cover-b4+after1.JPG
Delphi-tower-cover-b4+after1.JPG [ 453.07 KiB | Viewed 7045 times ]
Attachment:
Delphi-tonearmview.JPG
Delphi-tonearmview.JPG [ 346.49 KiB | Viewed 7045 times ]
Attachment:
DelphiFront.JPG
DelphiFront.JPG [ 317.66 KiB | Viewed 7045 times ]
Attachment:
DelphiTopfront.JPG
DelphiTopfront.JPG [ 387.36 KiB | Viewed 7045 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:58 am 
Premium User

Hi Solombre

If you're monitoring this thread, I have tried to reply to your email and just PM'd you about your Delphi Mk III bearing problem.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:32 am 

Hi, are you still rebuilding Oracles?
I have an Oracle Premier that needs a rebuilt bearing, including the ceramic thrust washer and sleeve.
I also would like to replace the motor.
Can you provide these parts?
Do you have access to replacement spindles, including the bearing in the end?
Thanks,
Steven

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:39 pm 
Premium User

stevenkozned wrote:
Hi, are you still rebuilding Oracles?
I have an Oracle Premier that needs a rebuilt bearing, including the ceramic thrust washer and sleeve.
I also would like to replace the motor.
Can you provide these parts?
Do you have access to replacement spindles, including the bearing in the end?
Thanks,
Steven

Hi Steven

Yes I am still rebuilding Oracles, in fact I'm just finishing up a Delphi AC.

Premier parts are hard to source, though I do have some spares on hand. I can certainly rebuild your bearing and have thrust plates should yours actually need replacing. What's the issue with the motor?

Might be more efficient to email me at hyendaudio@gmail.com to discuss further. I will assist any way I can.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:05 am 
Premium User

Hi Steven

Yes, I'm still rebuilding Oracles! Just finishing up a Delphi AC now...

Premier parts are not easy to come by, but I should be able to rebuild your bearing and, if necessary should be able to replace your thrust-plate. What's the issue with the motor?

Might be best to PM me or email me at hyendaudio@gmail.com so we can discuss further. I will help any way I can.

Thanks

---Hyendaudio