US Audio MartUS Audio Mart
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Newbie
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:46 am 

New member is here... Anyone to usher me in? lol. Its good be here and i am loving it. Watch my space.

Post subject: Re: Newbie
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:32 am 

Japple wrote:
New member is here... Anyone to usher me in? lol. Its good be here and i am loving it. Watch my space.

Welcome to our little world! Have fun and carry on...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:58 pm 

Welcome Japple. May our rich recorded heritage forever enlighten your life.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:58 pm 

Welcome to Audio Mart. This is very different from Audiogon. In the Forums, when someone responds to someone else its almost an "event". If you post a question or opinion it will likely get 100 or so views before someone responds, if anyone ever does at all. I look at other peoples postings and its sort of rare when someone responds. It makes me wonder how big an audience this forum has. If it had thousands of members, there would be a half dozen or so birthdays listed each day. Most days there are none. There seems to be only a few handfuls of people who get into chatting with much regularity. At least the people on here usually are courteous and respectful. A far cry from the insults and insanity that often occurs on Audiogon, where you get a headache trying to figure out what responders mean, and then it occurs to you that there is nothing to figure out, they are just crazy. Some of them actually believe they are scientists, at least one of them claims to have worked top secret for NASA. One guy offered to meet him and take a field trip down to the NASA facility, where he allegedly worked. He suggested showing up at The NASA cafeteria at lunchtime, but he warned him, "If someone doesn't' recognize you and hug you by the time I am done with my first sloppy Joe I am going to be major steamed".

Its more of a selling equipment attempt than anything. Very few people as chatty as myself. Hope you like it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:57 pm 

viridian2 wrote:
Welcome Japple. May our rich recorded heritage forever enlighten your life.

Thank you

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:58 pm 

Upside wrote:
Welcome to Audio Mart. This is very different from Audiogon. In the Forums, when someone responds to someone else its almost an "event". If you post a question or opinion it will likely get 100 or so views before someone responds, if anyone ever does at all. I look at other peoples postings and its sort of rare when someone responds. It makes me wonder how big an audience this forum has. If it had thousands of members, there would be a half dozen or so birthdays listed each day. Most days there are none. There seems to be only a few handfuls of people who get into chatting with much regularity. At least the people on here usually are courteous and respectful. A far cry from the insults and insanity that often occurs on Audiogon, where you get a headache trying to figure out what responders mean, and then it occurs to you that there is nothing to figure out, they are just crazy. Some of them actually believe they are scientists, at least one of them claims to have worked top secret for NASA. One guy offered to meet him and take a field trip down to the NASA facility, where he allegedly worked. He suggested showing up at The NASA cafeteria at lunchtime, but he warned him, "If someone doesn't' recognize you and hug you by the time I am done with my first sloppy Joe I am going to be major steamed".

Its more of a selling equipment attempt than anything. Very few people as chatty as myself. Hope you like it.

Thanks a lot