US Audio MartUS Audio Mart
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:09 am 

The new pop-up advertising you started with a few weeks back is causing issues... The ad doesn't close automatically and it won't let me close it manually (with the X), simply locked up. Using a MacPro Book with all the latest updates as of Dec 13.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:20 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for letting us know audiojam and sorry about the inconvenience. We'll report this to our ad partner but this type of thing is hard to debug so I have some ideas to help minimize this.

If you log into your account the popups will not show up, and once you log in your should stay logged in indefinitely.

Since the ad might be causing problems and preventing you from clicking on the login link, you might have to land directly on the login page. That page doesn't have the popup even if you are logged out, and from there you can log in:

http://www.usaudiomart.com/login.php

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:48 am 

It's only getting worse... the ads are popping up while trying to log in, causing the site to crash. I have to restart USAM and hoping I can be quick enough to log in. This is madness...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:21 am 
Site Admin

I'm sorry that it's getting worse, but it's impossible for the authorized ad to show up on the login screen since there's no ad code on that screen. I just checked again and the login page has no popups or any other ads:

https://www.usaudiomart.com/login.php

Can you click directly on the link above and see if you see anything? If you see popups of any kind it is more likely you have a virus or malware on your computer. If you can take a screenshot of what you see on the login page I can confirm for you if its an authorized ad.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:32 am 

I don't have malware or virus on my MacBook Pro, confirmed by Apple. Still this "popup" situation is making your site nearly impossible to use.

Basically, I and I'll make a bet many others are about to stop visiting USAudiomart. You really do need to properly fix this. That or lose to ePay, which would be a shame.

*When searching images via Google, and one of your ads pictures comes up, if you are stupid enough to click on that image, the nightmare popup seizes your computer until it times out. Sure, if you go to the login page first, this doesn't happen, but an image search via the web doesn't work that way. Definitely not a good way to promote the site.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:23 am 
Premium User

I am having terrible log on issues, I wondered if it were related to pop-up and possibly pop up blocker in protection causing glitch. I am on satellite internet, I wonder if it complicates the handshake and authentication during log on. My browser has fits, showing that the site is not secure.

Even when I (attempt to) log on through the log on page, thing unravel unexplainably.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:54 pm 

It's January....thought those ads would disappear at the end of December. Not causing any trouble for me but it's impossible to log-in before one of those ads pops up.

http://www.usaudiomart.com/forum/viewto ... f=3&t=1357

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

I've been informed that the ads will run for a couple of more weeks. When our rep comes back from CES I'll ask them to end them early.

In the meantime, can you reach the login page here without a crash?

https://www.usaudiomart.com/login.php

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:25 pm 

No 'crashing' problems for me whatsoever. The ads are merely annoying and I always get an ad immediately before I log-in. I close it out and log-in as usual. No biggie.